Around the world

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Hi all,

I am going to fly around the world in many stages in a 737. Problem is that I am awful with geography and I dont know where many airports are or the best way to plan a route around the world.
I want to start at EGGP. Does anybody have a list of airports they have used on a similar trip?

Thanks!!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Oh, ill be using FSP so a couple of dangerous areas would be nice to keep me on my toes Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have done something familiar in past.
But i was just drifting and choose the airport was closer when i want to land.I start from Greece and return to Greece via Turkey ,Russia,Alaska,Canada,Us,Colombia,Argentina,Brazil,Cross the Atlantic to Africa and the back to Greece.The fact that you are going to fly with a 737 dont allow you to land everywhere so maybe you miss a part of the fun...Anyway...In FSPax menu you will notice a Dangerous Airports database.Check them and see what areas are close to the trip you plan to do. 😉

Guest Ed Guest

I keep a world map (free in an ad for National Geographic) by the side of my desk, and just pick a city that's in the vicinity of where I want to go. Then I use the map in FS09 for the final airport selection, to find one with a long enough runway.

I just think it's more interesting if I make up the trip as I go.

Ed

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Thanks for your advice guys.

I started on it yesterday taking off from EGGP. I am now in Iran at OIII.

I am just heading in the general direction I think I need to go and using http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/world.htm to look up place names then looking for airports in that area.

Im only making fairly short flights as my work timetable doesnt allow me to fly too long flights but here is what I have done so far

EGGP - EDDM
EDDM - LQSA
LQSA - LGIR
LGIR - LCLK
LCLK - OIII

Next step is OIII to OPKC which is in Pakistan. It will be my longest flight so far on my trip. Over 1000nm.

During my last leg the flaps got stuck in position 1 on the approach. Bit of a bumpy landing coming in fast but landed safely and got some nice bonus points too 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Keep on flying. 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...