Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I have a few questions about the logitech joystick

is it possible to temparily disable the twist rudder because on times like takeoff its annoying as you are rolling down the runway because its hard not to accidently twist it, and going them speeds on the ground and accidently turning to the left could be disatorous

Basically I would like the twist handle to work on the ground but not in the air, and when I am rolling down the runway for takeoff and from landing

Also is there any downloadable profiles for flight simulator so all the proper buttons are in the right place

Thanks!!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

that seems a bit to complicated for a joystick to know when you were landing and taking off and taxiing and cruising and things like that

Could you assign a control to a button where it turns off the twisting rudder?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

dought it i just asume buying some petals for your sim

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I had the same problem like you, and I found a way of doing that. With your joystick, there should be a CD called Logitech Gaming software. Install that and when you're about to play FS2004, before launching the game, open it up and where it says Twist, open it up and click Select assignment, then New Axis assignment. I usually assign the left to the kneeboard and the right to the Tailwheel lock. Neither affect my flying in terms of controlling the aircraft. Then once done, close it (X) and it will minimize to tray, and reload FS2004 and it should work. If you want to control again ur rudder, pause the game, and go back to the same and just click on Twist and Default Twist and there you go.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...