Pressure Danger?

Pro Member Trainee
specops-snake Trainee

Can someone help me with this please in FS Passengers (The Greates Addon Of All Time) I have noticed the pressure danger sign thing come up if i ascend fast and I would like to now why this happens. I thought that airliners where pressured as if you where on the ground, so surely i can ascend as fast as like ?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

If your ascending too fast it could be that you are putting too much stress on the airframe and therefore flying unsafely.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Is not the speed at which you ascend, its the altitude you pass. For some reason, some aircraft are actually pressurised in real life, but aren't in the sim. All jet aircraft though should be pressurised. When you pass 13000feet, you will get a danger warning as your passengers pass out from hypoxia 🙄 Keep below that altitude if you are in an unpressurised plane.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

The pressure lever for unpressurized crafts is close to 11500f.When you pass this alt you will see the warning message.In general most of GA crafts are unpressurised. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

Civil airliners are not pressurized down to sea level. They only pressurize them down to 7 or 8 thousand feet altitude-- depending on the airline. I will take a stab at this one and say that if the plane climbs too rapidly it may get ahead of the pressurizing system. The system may not be able to keep up with the increase in altitude-- which might cause the cabin pressure to be too low for safety.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Paiute wrote:

Civil airliners are not pressurized down to sea level. They only pressurize them down to 7 or 8 thousand feet altitude-- depending on the airline. I will take a stab at this one and say that if the plane climbs too rapidly it may get ahead of the pressurizing system. The system may not be able to keep up with the increase in altitude-- which might cause the cabin pressure to be too low for safety.

These are indeed the reality conditions.But for FSPax things are more simple... 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...