POSKY 737 Wing Views

Is it possible to get a wing view for the POSKY 737 (prefereably the 737-700). I know that you can put your hat-switch at SouthEast and look behind at the wing but I would like a wingview where you can be right back as if you were a passenger.

The POSKY planes don't have a Virtual Cockpit, but if you swing your view to looking straight behind, you can see wings, which you can move towards

Having a look in the panel.cfg, I noticed that you can change the views. Is there a way to change the camera positing so it is behind at the wing looking towards the wingtip (ie the way a passenger would look)

What numbers would you have to put in the panel.cfg to do this

Thank you

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Each panel config is different
The Numbers you have to play with are ➡

[Views]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL
VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=36
VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.5
VIEW_RIGHT_EYE=1.0, 0.0, -30.0
VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 50.0

VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=36
VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=0.8
VIEW_LEFT_EYE=1.0, 0.0, -20.0
VIEW_LEFT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 280.0

Back up the file before making any changes and work on one side at a time.Also try adjusting the numbers one line at time too

Tip, resize the fs screen to run on 1/2 the screen, its easier than toggling back and forth
Also rember to reload the aircraft(reselect it)in fs to see what changes you have made

You may want to search avsim or other for the views for the Posky as they may be out there already 😉

tomthetank wrote:

Each panel config is different
The Numbers you have to play with are ➡

[Views]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL
VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=36
VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.5
VIEW_RIGHT_EYE=1.0, 0.0, -30.0
VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 50.0

VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=36
VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=0.8
VIEW_LEFT_EYE=1.0, 0.0, -20.0
VIEW_LEFT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 280.0

Back up the file before making any changes and work on one side at a time.Also try adjusting the numbers one line at time too

Tip, resize the fs screen to run on 1/2 the screen, its easier than toggling back and forth
Also rember to reload the aircraft(reselect it)in fs to see what changes you have made

You may want to search avsim or other for the views for the Posky as they may be out there already 😉

Thank you very very much!! I don't know alot about editing config file numbers (I don't even know what them numbers mean, what unit they are in I mean)

But by the great process of trial and error, I'm going to crack this!!. I love the extension .bak!!

Has anyone ever done something like this?? I'd say it wouldn't be easy but I am pretty sure its possible!!

I'll let you know how I get on, and if I get it, I will post up my new figures so you can all get wing views (if you like that is)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...