dash 8 weight and balance?

mrl Guest

I have a 2.8 Ghz with 1056 MB RAM and 256 video radeon card, and my question or problem is the flight characteristics of this PSS dash 8. I have flown dash 8' s for 8 years and this one is almost close to the handling in the air but when it comes to power reductions for the approach, not even close! The C of G is way out of whack. I have played with the load edit and the main FS 2004 settings to no avail. But there is no properly functioning DHC 8 in the world that requires full nose up trim and 70 % torque to stay on a 3 degree slope with gear and flaps. Any sugestions or ideas out there?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Check your control sensitivity for power and elevator.

1. Set the elevator sensitivity to at least the mid point and experiment with higher settings. Set null zone to approximately 10% of zone (estimate), experiment with less if you you need to.

2. Set throttle (power) sensitivity to max. Set null zone to 0 or none.

3. Calibrate your controller.
🙂

mrl Guest

Thanks for the ideas. I will give the null zone a try. Thats the only one I didn't try adjusting. The Stick I'm using is the Saitek X45. A pretty good controller, I think, and I have calibrated it to what I fell is a good setting. I also have other aircraft on here that work pretty well, as far as I know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

mrl wrote:

Thanks for the ideas. I will give the null zone a try. Thats the only one I didn't try adjusting. The Stick I'm using is the Saitek X45. A pretty good controller, I think, and I have calibrated it to what I fell is a good setting. I also have other aircraft on here that work pretty well, as far as I know.

It could be the aircraft model program. Payware should be more accurate(I know there are exceptions). Many of the free aircraft on the net just look like the model in question but the flight model is suspect. What program/file are you using?

mrl Guest

I'm new to this computer flying, but i do know that i bought this Dash 8 from "Just flight" software They sounded reputable and maybe i should try to get support from them again. They have yet to get back to me. I have tried your suggestions and the dash still approaches like it has a cement tail. The Dash8-300 normally approaches= gear down, flaps 15 at 120 kts with about 25-30 % torque. This sim isn't even close. with gear and flaps it's all i can do to maintain level.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...