Low flyers

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Today
Just another normal day in the Brecon Beacons,i had been driving around and decided it was time for a bit of a break and perhaps a quick 40 winks,

so i pulled over into a layby(one of those ones that acually leave the main road) and setteled down.
After about 5 mins,i can hear the faint sounds of a chopper in the distance,getting closer and louder.
I can tell its heading towards me from the front,so i scan about through the trees,I cant see him but boy can I hear it
Them wham straight over the top of me,one of those big twin rotor things.It was so low I could feel it

Didnt get the 40 winks that i wanted

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Wow!, that is one of those things you don´t see every day...
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Oberkomando wrote:

Wow!, that is one of those things you don´t see every day...
🙂

I do see it most days,if not see it, you hear it,but just not so low
I do take a camera most days,but its hard trying to get the aircraft centered and drive at the same time 😉
And when I park up,I look for some shade,so im under a canopy of trees
I will get lucky one of these days and be in the open and catch one of them

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

well when you live under the landingzone of an airport...not jsut any airport a regional/airbase airport, it has a military instalation there so i can see and hear most aircraft. they had the G8 Meeting here last time so i saw the accual airforce 1 AND! Marine 1.....one time a big C-5 Galaxy Flew over and you could feel the engine exaust!

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Ahh the Brecon Beacons, what I would do to be back at Llangorse Lake 😉

What a surprise you must have had 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

ace, we once had some c-130's fly over and my bus rock quite unnervingly. recently the army was training in a woods about 100m in front of my friends house (which incidently is a 5min walk) - helicopters just kept coming and dropping men down all morning. i heard it, but i felt sorry for her 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...