Problem with Overland MD11

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi,

Today, I took the Overland MD11 for a test flight. However, when I began my descent at 25,000 feet, the nose seemed to be at about 5 degrees nose up????!!!!

And when I decreased speed to about 190 knots at 10,000 feet it started to stall and the speed dropped dramatically.

I know that my AP was on so the problem couldn't have been that.

Does anyone have this problem - if so please share ❗

Anyone know what the problem is?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

5 degrees nose up isn't an unusual pitch up attitude for descending if you are lowering your speed at the same time and are particularly heavy i.e. full fuel.
Either lower your fuel or increase your speed to just below cruising speed for your descent.

I'm not sure why you would be stalling at 190kts - the stall speed shouldn't be that high, unless you were extremely heavy and were trying to maintain 10,000 feet - try the flight again with lower fuel levels.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Ok thanks for the reply Jon - I will try with less fuel 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...