Virus'

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I have recently been doing anti-virus scans every few days and there seems to always be 3 or 4 that avast dutifully finds.

Is this normal...I use avast and have Zonealarm firewall installed. I was under the impression they'd protect me from such threats 😕

Also...once avast finds the virus, what should I do with them. It recommends I move them to the "chest" but should I just delete them.

Thanks a lot 😉

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

When you download a file, do you scan it before installing it? That may be where you are picking up these beasties. If you scan them immediately after downloading, you will know where not to download files the next time.

You can delete infected files only if you know what they are and know they have no impact on something you need.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't usually scan my dowloaded files...thanks for the advice 😉 ...but I thought the whole point of a programme like avast was to protect you from these threats, or do I need a payware programme.
[/i]

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Always scan d/loaded files,be it for fs or mp3's.
I also use Avast and its very good 👍 but the suspect "virus" it finds may only be cookies
If it is finding a genuine virus (check its name via Google)you may have to turn off "system restore" in windows and then run the full scan(all A/V scans cannot scan the protected area within windows)
Once you have run the scan and "cleaned" your system you can restart system restore

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK thanks TTT 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...