Install Problems - HELP!

Edoray Guest

FS9 won't switch into graphics mode, it just starts with the opening screen, then bounces me back to windows. Brand new install of a brand new (legal) fs9, on a clean freshly defraged hard drive. program installs without issues, but won't boot. same disks installed on another machine works fine (but not my favorite machine.

Setup
ASUS A8N SLI Preimum
AMD 3800
2 GB Corsair memory
2 TB hard drives
nVidia Geforce 6800 with the latest drivers

This machine runs every other program that I load (including Half Life 2, TIger Woods PGA, Battlefield 2) anything.

I'm lost and would appriciate any help you can give me. thx in advance.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

There is a compatibility problem with the IE7 Beta - are you running that?

There's also a workround, but someone else will need to point you in the right direction. But it is a common problem, and there is a solution.

Edoray Guest

I should mention that I've gone thru all of microsoft's recommendations to no avail (ie. checked directx, checked my documents folder etc etc). Also i've unistalled and reinstalled it over 4 times, and also my video drivers, using driver cleaning inbetween. Everything.

BTW - when i use the congif file from the other computer (with a much cheaper graphic card FX 5500), i can actuall boot into fs9 and fly, but i can't use the lessons or anything else. i know it sounds ok, but i'd like to take advantage of my more expensive cards capabilities.

thx again for any help.

Edoray Guest

I am running the IE7 beta. I'll check that out now. THANK YOU.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...