Helicopters

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

Why do the helicopters in FS9 always spin out of control if you use the rudder. I HATE THAT!! am I doing something wrong?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

what joystick are you using?

also helicopters dont need that much....

if i were you i would d/load a huey and practice with that it is the best training helicopter ive found.

tell me if you need any more help helicopters is all a really fly with on occasion ill fly a big jet. but not often. or small cessna`s or just very small props.

i like just buzzing around the really scenic area`s in FS9

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

I use SAITEK ST290 PRO

Pro Member Chief Captain

AHH i dont really think that siatek has the best joysticks for helicopters.

ive got the Siatek X52 and the rudder on it is touchy just give it a little nugde.... NOT TOO MUCH!

this happens to me sometimes.

the only thing i can say is try to recalibrate the joystick and jsut practice. the first thing i flew when i got FS9 was the Bell 206.

just practice you will get better.

P.S. Sidewinder makes the best helicopter joysticks.

not that they are specialized but they are better for helicopters

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

There called anti-torque pedals on helicopters. You're probably not doing anything wrong, it's just very hard to fly the Flight Simulator helicopters. It took me a lot of practice just so I didn't crash every landing. Try reducing the sensitivity of your pedals. Use the R22.🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

I'll see if that works, thx, but it could take me a long time till I can fly helicopters without crashing them

Pro Member Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Use the R22.🙂

i dont think that the R22 is the best for beginners personally bigger choppers are easier on beginners jst becasue they are so...so...so.....i cant put my finger on it but huey`s and chinooks are are better i think but thats just me.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...