How do i land a boeing?

matt212004 Guest

hi guys, i cannot seem to land! i just crash everytime! please take me through a landing guys.....thanks

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

The Eleventh Commandment:
“ Maintain Thy Airspeed Lest The Earth Should Rise Up And Smite Thee “
Here endeth the lesson. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Alittle tough on the passengers, but keep trying 😉 . As Kurt said, keep your airspeed up, and nose down to prevent stall.
I'm not really used to the 747, but I just brought one in on a short runway to try it out. I AM SURE THIS IS NOT THE WAY, but it worked for me.
I came in level at about 1900ft, 230knts. It wanted to stall if I got much below 180. I throttled back to just under 200knts and let her glide on down. At the middle marker, I cut the thottle and added two notches of flap trying to stay level to keep the air going over the wings.
Grabbed for brakes and reverse thruster and stopped about a plane length past the end of the runway Embarassed
keep trying, and good luck! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm tempted to say "carefully" but I'll resist the temptation. Whistle

See if this helps you along with the other members advice. 👍

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

i just downloaded one of the new airbus downloads, and found them very easy to handle, I came in at 145knts, which is much easier to control. You may want to start with one of those before the 747

Pro Member First Officer

Poo-poo to the Airbus idea...buy AMERICAN. If its not Boeing, I'm not going!

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

LOL Kurt.....I understand what you mean, but we are an international group, and should respect ALL here.
Personally, those wonderful folks in China that make my wifes Conair blow dryer, and those equally wonderful folks in Canada that make my wifes Chevy are my best friends! (my chevy truck was made in Indiana) but that is no where near as important as my wifes things....believe me!
Did I forget to mention my computer, TV, Stereo, Can opener, Vacuum Cleaner, Yorkshire Terrier, 2 Dobermin Pinchers, fluval fish tank filter. Well, I think you get the point, it's not about made in America(as much as I love her and have friends who died for her) it's about being made on Earth.....and that's only for now.

Respectfully to all opinions

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I know you guys use aircraft like we use the bus for getting from A to B(I,ve been there.... so big)
But if you were stuck on the West coast and needed to be East coast ASAP
and you had pick between train,bus or plane.........we all know you would opt for............ 😉

Pro Member Trainee
naflod Trainee

KurtPStevens wrote:

The Eleventh Commandment:
“ Maintain Thy Airspeed Lest The Earth Should Rise Up And Smite Thee “
Here endeth the lesson. 😉

ROFLMAO!!!!

By the time you are ready to touchdown, your flaps should already be at 30deg. or more. You don't play with the flaps just as you are on short final, you'll never get a smooth landing that way. Also keep your speed about 180 190 kts on short final. Try to get on the first third of the runway, you'll have more room to stop.

Pro Member First Officer

jelami wrote:

I understand what you mean, but we are an international group, and should respect ALL here.

My appoligies Jelami. I meant no disrespect. Simply stating a preference with all do zeal. I am sure that Airbus makes a fine product. (However, having lived 10 miles from the Everett facility, and married into a Boeing family, I may never again have been allowed to visit the great state of Washington had I failed to point out that Boeing builds the best aircraft over our planet.)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...