Registration

cat19_hitman Guest

I have registered and made the $5 payment at this site but I cannot download anything. Everytime I try and login it says incorrect login. What is the problem?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, I'm just a moderator and can't access the accounts.
Write to accounts@flyawaysimulation.com and they will correct and activate your account.
Thanks for you patience.

Radar

cat19_hitman Guest

I have written to them. How long does it take for the account to be activated? I just want to do a couple of downloads. It shouldn't take 2 days!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As I said before, there is nothing that I can do. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait to hear from them.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/contact/

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total

Why is this site charging a fee to download files that can be found for free elswhere on the internet anyway?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Why is this site charging a fee to download files that can be found for free elswhere on the internet anyway?

Nothing in life is free bud.
This site started off free but the costs continued to rise, the little you pay just helps, it doesn't pay the entire bill. Try pricing a domain name-web-hosts-high speed servers-server h/d space-web board (this isn't a free one) etc., why do you think that we (mods) do this free.
You pay a measly $5 for a lifetime membership here or you can pay $30 to Flightsim a year.
The high speed servers cost more and more each year.
It's well worth the $ not to have a huge amount of advertising and pop-ups.
If you notice we don't restrict your talking or downloading "no cd crack" when most if not all the sites are very tight Ass about that.
This site also allowed you to post as a "guest", name another major flight site that does that.

I've been on the net for over 9 years now and see the newsletters that used to be free have a pay-for now, many sites that were large and free disappeared, Horse off my soapbox now

Radar

Name another major site that allows you to post as guest? FS2004.com for one.

Anyway, as I said before, I have registered and paid the fee. All I wanted to do was download an SR-71 and it's been almost 2 days now and I still cannot login. So I ended up finding the same download at fsfreeware.com and downloaded it and am now enjoying it in the sim. FOR FREE I might add!

Don't get me wrong, I understand that it takes $ to keep a site running and I have no problem with contributing but when I do, I expect to be able to use the site!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As I said to you before I'm very sorry that this is happening to you.
I don't understand why you can get an answer from one of the contacts that I supplied to you.
This is a UK based site (I'm in the US) so figure the time factor for today's e-mails that you sent.
Personally, I'd e-mail each of them 2 or 3 times now to get their attention.

Your in Calgary right, so figure out the time difference, and be patient or ask for your $ back. Your polite and I'd like to see you remain but...your call.

Radar

I am not in Calgary. My ISP is.

I just want to make it clear that I am not trying to start anything negative here. I am not new to flight simming and I have never encountered a problem like this before. I just feel as though I have been charged funds for a service that is not being provided to me. I appreciate you responding and I hope this will be resolved.

Thanks!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 I know and I appreciate and applaud your patience.
I'd be bleeding through the ears by now, I'm not a patient man. Wall Bashing

Radar

OK...My account has been activated. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

OK...My account has been activated. 😳

Group Wave Group Wave

Yes!!!!! Juggle

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...