Screenshots?

Pro Member Trainee
ArchAngel_06 Trainee

How do I take screen shots and what folder can i find them in?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It depends on which "utility" you use. They are both quite good.
I've used Screen Hunter and you direct the shots to a folder that you make yourself. They come out as jepgs.
Fscreen will send them to their own folder as bmp's and you convert them to jpgs, I'm using that one right now.
You can send them to "clipboard" but then you can only take one at a time, the new ones override the previous ones, too much trouble.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1574/screenshots/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ArchAngel_06 Trainee

So FS9 doesnt have its own standard screenshots? Like "print screen" or something of the sort. Ive just been hitting the "print screen" button and want to make sure that if im taking pics that I can find them so they dont clog up my system. Can you tell me how to use just the FS9 game itself, and where to find them, or is that even possible?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

One over-rides the other, none stored anywhere.

If you hit "Print Screen" the shot will go to the "Clipboard", found in start/programs/accessories.
Then you will have to turn it from a "CLP" to a jpg in order to use or post it.
That's why we all use a "utility" of some kind. You still have to hit a key to get them with either one of the free programs.
While flying I can take as many shots as I want, but you would only be able to take one.
You will still need the program from Jasc http://www.irfanview.com/ to edit it and to use it.

Radar

Use this utility...it is the best for taking shots in FS9

http://www.ovosoft.nl/snapper/

The print screen method.

After you hit print screen on your keyboard, you have to open your paint program and click on edit then paste and you will see the screenshot you just took. then hit file and save as and save to wherever you want. The problem with this method is you can only do one at a time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ArchAngel_06,
What did you finally decide to do and how do you like it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ArchAngel_06 Trainee

I only tried snapper. I like it because its stupidly easy to use. Awesome program man (whoever led me to it). Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👏 Yes! 👍

I expect to see some screen shots in the "Photo Gallery" soon, have fun!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...