Best ww 2 sims with Spitfire, Mustang etc?

I have cfs 1 and cfs 2, which are great, but I'd love to find a modern sim where you can fly ww2 aeroplanes like the Spitfire and P51 Mustang, in better quality than cfs 1

Does anyone know of any?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

um a modern sim with those planes you wouldnt find. unless you d/loaded it for FS9

the only thing i can suggest is CFS3 i think its great good P-51 by far compared to the older sims. but i dont fly the spit much so nothing to say there on its behalf 🙄

but as far as i know any modern combat sims would have modern aircraft.

Thanks for the reply. I'm interested in cfs 3, but browsing around this forum, it seems a lot of people aren't too keen on it

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm interested in cfs 3, but browsing around this forum, it seems a lot of people aren't too keen on it

Your right about CFS3.
Try the demo of this.

http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php?skin=S2

Radar

What are the main problems with cfs 3? Is it just too buggy?

JarJarBinks wrote:

but as far as i know any modern combat sims would have modern aircraft.

By modern combat sim I just meant recent in comparison to cfs 1, which came out in 1998 or whatever.

Pro Member Chief Captain

oh well then CFS3 would be the latest untill they make a new CFS but i dont know when that wil be. but i strongly advize getting CFS3 its wonderful...

and the reason you dont see many topics or anything on CFS3 is that i dont think many people play it now with everything going on with FS9 and FSX

but i still play it everyday and have had no problem with it or anything on a scale of 1-10 for CFS3 i would give it a 9....nothings perfect 😉

JarJarBinks wrote:

oh well then CFS3 would be the latest untill they make a new CFS but i dont know when that wil be. but i strongly advize getting CFS3 its wonderful...

and the reason you dont see many topics or anything on CFS3 is that i dont think many people play it now with everything going on with FS9 and FSX

but i still play it everyday and have had no problem with it or anything on a scale of 1-10 for CFS3 i would give it a 9....nothings perfect 😉

Interesting. I'd like to get cfs 3 but the number of negative comments I've seen about it puts me off.

I don't have fs 2004, but the Spitfire add on I've seen sounds great. Mabe I should get fs 2004 just to get that add on!

Pro Member Chief Captain

i strongly suggest getting CFS3 what people say is just their opinion i think its great.

JarJarBinks wrote:

i strongly suggest getting CFS3 what people say is just their opinion i think its great.

I've seen it for £9.99 online so I may give it a shot. It sounds good that you can influence the campaign. That's one of the weaknesses of cfs 1 & 2, the outcome is always the same!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...