Spitfire/P-51

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Can anyone please help? I'm looking for a realistic freeware Spitfire and P-51, i've had a look around the usual sites and where the Hellenic Spitfire collection has an excellent panel the aircraft itself is not really up to scratch, and the same seems to go for the P-51's i'm downloading! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

You wont find a better freeware Spitfire than this.

Mr Sanderson has generously offered us freeware airplanes on a par with the finest payware. Real quality stuff.

Hold on, did I say Spitfire ... I was thinking Hurricane. Sorry. Anyway check it out. You'll like it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Can anyone please help? I'm looking for a realistic freeware Spitfire and P-51, i've had a look around the usual sites and where the Hellenic Spitfire collection has an excellent panel the aircraft itself is not really up to scratch, and the same seems to go for the P-51's i'm downloading! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Shigeru Tanaka's is the best freeware P-51 ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21598/p51d/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

freedspeak wrote:

You wont find a better freeware Spitfire than this.

Mr Sanderson has generously offered us freeware airplanes on a par with the finest payware. Real quality stuff.

Hold on, did I say Spitfire ... I was thinking Hurricane. Sorry. Anyway check it out. You'll like it.

I owe you a 🍻 Freedspeak! Just got myself the Hurricane IIC and am glad I did. Nuff said... being a real glutton when it comes to beautiful aircraft, I'll probably get the others as well. This baby is a gem all around - thanks again 👍

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

My pleasure Tailhook. Glad you like it.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Thanks for the links gents, i'm downloading the P-51 now but i already have an excellent Hurri package, but thanks for taking the time to reply. Still no luck with the Spitfire though.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Do you find that sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees? Just found a nice Spit at Simviation, FS2004 Vintage, page 28, 4th from top, i just substituted the reno racers panel for a spitfire panel from the Hellenic model, it sounds nice too!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...