VOR's, DME's and F/D

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

Finally I'm managing ils landings, but the other day I was given vectors for a dme vor approach and had no idea what to do. I know vor's are basic navigational aids but I have never been able to figure them out.....What I did was tune NAV 2 to the vor freq. and then I flew towards the needle (If it pointed to the right I flew right) hoping that when it pointed to the top I would be flying straight to the airport.
Can you guys give me some pointers for this kind of app?
What exactly is the flight director used for? I read somewhere that it can deploy thrust reversers by itself.....how do I make it do this? I have tried landing with AP and FD on but nothing happens...

Thanks....

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You cant get a better VOR tutorial than this.
I would say that you should pick out the important parts (for you), copy and paste them into Word and then zip them for reading or printing out.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/

Radar

Garren Guest

I've not delved deep enough into FS2004 yet, I've only had the game for about a month.
But aren't these kind of things already covered in the seemingly extensive tutorials that came with the game?
I've yet to go through them all, but there seems to be one for just about everything... or not?

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

Indeed there are a vast amount of tutorials, but sometimes they just don't get you there. In time you will see that questions in the forum repeat themselves but hey, it's here to answer our questions.
But as always all comments are welcome, thanks.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...