fire fox

meylan Guest

hi all , ive just installed mozilla fire fox after spending all day trying to rid IE 6sp2 of malware and constant errors and antivirus software adverts 🙄 .
anyway im well impressed,tabbed browsing really suits me . is there anything i should be adding to it only i hav nt noticed a pop up blocker and secondly how do i completely unistall IE . thanks 🙂

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i wouldn't completely uninstal ie as it will knacker several microsoft bits and bobs- but well done with firefox 😀

have you got adaware and spyware search and destroy? they're both free and VERY effective when used together.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Did it occur to you that if you hadn't added all those "cool" free enhancements to IE, you wouldn't have had a problem in the first place?

Do not add anything that isn't on the firefox site to firefox.

Never, I repeat, never go to these free software sites to download anything.

meylan Guest

yes , ive got both adaware and spybot ,the scans this morning fixed some problems and a system scan with avast and avg removed some virus s
but i was still gettin mobile phone ring tone ads and somthing about win antivirus and even an adult friend finder popped up. i ran adaware and spybot again but they found nothing .so i cleaned the registry still i kept getting ads and somthing about tracking 101 🙄 . im a bit of a pc novice and i dont if possible but it seems to me IE is infected or been planted with somthing . so i thought id try this fire fox . only had it 1 hour ill never go back . 😀 thanks for replying

meylan Guest

thanks for the advice Crash 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...