Farnborough EGLF

Pro Member Trainee
NeilA Trainee

I noticed an ILS problem (possibly) while landing at EGLF today. I tune in the ILS 111.55 and course of 065 and follow it to landing. As I get nearer the runway the ILS takes me to the center of the runway instead of the usual two white blobs near the 06 end of it. If however I choose not to use the ILS and use the PAPI it works fine and takes me to the correct part of the runway. Now is this a bug or is it normal for this airfield?

Thanks

NeilA.

PS. Im going to Farnborough on Saturday 😀

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

NeilA wrote:

I noticed an ILS problem (possibly) while landing at EGLF today. I tune in the ILS 111.55 and course of 065 and follow it to landing. As I get nearer the runway the ILS takes me to the center of the runway instead of the usual two white blobs near the 06 end of it. If however I choose not to use the ILS and use the PAPI it works fine and takes me to the correct part of the runway. Now is this a bug or is it normal for this airfield?

Thanks

NeilA.

PS. Im going to Farnborough on Saturday 😀

It might be slightly mis-aligned, but as long as you are descending on the glideslope to a point at which you can see the runway, when you can land visually using external cues 😉

dvorak Guest

No I've never seen this problem before

The only place I've seen something like this is on small airstrips in where there is one PAPI that serves both directions of the runway if you know what I mean, so its in the centre

In the real world this is never the case, so its probably just a flight simulator bug

I dont know much about playing around with AFCAD files but maybe you could open up the AFCAD for the airport in question and move back the ILS in someway? I'm not sure though, but I know this is incorrect, its never like this in the real world, ever for ILS's

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...