Ship Simulator 2006

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ship Simulator 2006

We were talking about this a while back and it almost here.
It doesn't look to exciting but that's what everyone thought about train sims and they have a huge following.

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 33 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for let us know RadarMan 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks RadarMan - Its looks like an interesting sim, but like you say, might lose attraction.

🍻

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Didn't the last post about this say it wasn't gonna be released in the US???

hmm...anyway, it does look Sleep Yawn but it might be worth it. i'll probably give it a try.

Thanks for that link RM i've been wondering about it! 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

alohajoe wrote:

Didn't the last post about this say it wasn't gonna be released in the US???
! 😀 😀 😀

Right, that's why I was surprised to see it listed in the email I get from ebgames.
Let us know how you like it when it comes out.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Most people would think doing a cross country flight is boring too. Wink

It looks tempting.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

I definately want to get this game - probably have to figure out how to have it shipped over here to the US, though.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Hmmm...I get bored going places at 450 knots...how would I do with a top speed of 42 knots?!?!?!?!

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

NoWorries wrote:

Hmmm...I get bored going places at 450 knots...how would I do with a top speed of 42 knots?!?!?!?!

Its all relative, my friend...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

I definately want to get this game - probably have to figure out how to have it shipped over here to the US, though.

Same company, located in the US, you can buy on line or go to the (brick and mortar) store.

http://www.gamestop.com/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Ah...thx RM!

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

...i have the demo, it's awesome 😉

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

...i have the demo, it's awesome 😉

👍

Doh! I never thought about a demo. Downloading it now.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Only thing that I don't like is that it is more like a game then a free roaming simulator.

BUT, DEMO'S ROCK, and I'll probably play the hell out of the demo, and then buy it. 😞

Btw you CAN buy it off there website and then download it, and I might do that if I enjoy it, because I have no patience. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well I tried out the demo, beautiful lookin game, not sure if I want to spend money on it though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I'm downloading the demo right now

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I dumped it, you can't blow the horn! 🙄

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

I'm definitely buying this game.

Boating and piloting ships has always been a second-hand interest to me.
..although nothing can ever come close to my desire to fly 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have the full version now. Its quite good - lots of different ships to sail in lots of different scenarios. Its by no means the best thing since sliced bread, but its good.

The one thing that strikes me with these kind of Microsoft products is that they seem to make and develop them, with the thought that they aren't going to be as popular as the FS series, so theres no need to bother with a great amount of detail. Maybe the relatively low sales of things like the Ship sim and Train sim is due to that lack of detail - if they reversed it and put more effort into them, then sales would be higher. Just a thought.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

I have the full version now. Its quite good - lots of different ships to sail in lots of different scenarios. Its by no means the best thing since sliced bread, but its good.

The one thing that strikes me with these kind of Microsoft products is that they seem to make and develop them, with the thought that they aren't going to be as popular as the FS series, so theres no need to bother with a great amount of detail. Maybe the relatively low sales of things like the Ship sim and Train sim is due to that lack of detail - if they reversed it and put more effort into them, then sales would be higher. Just a thought.

😉

Yeah.Any average plane designer could easily make a ship for this, with a lot more detail than the default ones.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Wall Bashing But you can't blow the horn! Angry

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it's on ebay for about a fiver - obviously not popular! i like the official description: 'you can steer your boat all over the world'.

yay i can steer! i suppose in train sim you can only throttle and brake. i imagine parking a boat could be a bit difficult - but how dull! 'yeah i'm going to sail across the atlantic - it's gonna take me a week and all i'll see is...sea'.

i'm intrigued so i'll get the demo Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Actually you can steer it in two harbors and one fancy island place.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

How can you have it already if it isn't released until August?

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

ROFL ROFL ROFL

how big is the demo, btw?

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

How can you have it already if it isn't released until August?

You can buy it already.

As for the demo, you have certain basic objectives to do in a harbor, kinda neat.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

ROFL ROFL ROFL

how big is the demo, btw?

😎

I think it was about 95mb, not over 100mb.
I gave a link above.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

😂 I know - its a shame 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

just played it for 15mins or so - if that's an indication for how fsx will run then i'm stuck with fs9 😛

i caused $200,000 in damage colliding with 2 other boats - the ai is more stupid i was at manning that ship!

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

calm down,calm down.If I get the game I'm sure i could make make a horn sound for the ships and some key to action it. 🙄 😉 😀

Pilau Guest

99jolegg wrote:

The one thing that strikes me with these kind of Microsoft products...

Yeah things is mate this is not a Microsoft product, savy? It is developed by VStep and published by Lighthouse Interactive:
https://www.simshack.net/categories/other-flight-simulator-vehicles-add-ons-75

I know the title font is similar to MS FS2004, but... 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain

Embarassed Poke in Eye

Thanks for correcting me 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Ship Simulator 2006

We were talking about this a while back and it almost here.
It doesn't look to exciting but that's what everyone thought about train sims and they have a huge following.

Radar

Some might say flying pretend passengers from London to New York isn't very exciting 🙂

All in the eye of the beholder I suspect.

Pilau Guest

Well, try flying passengers with the Sopwith Camel airplane from London to New York AND crash into an iceberg in the middle of the atlantic - Now here's a flying challenge for you!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...