FSX System Requirements

Pro Member Trainee
chinny4290 Trainee

Hey guys, I have a question. Does anyone know what the maximum requirements of FSX are computer wise?

I have an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Clawhammer, and I just built my computer last december. I have a gig of mem and a 6800GS nVidia video card, 256MB PCI-E and it's already starting to show it's age graphics wise with FS9 😞

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

You might want to put more memory and if you will have Windows Vista have from 3 to 4 GB of memory but overall your computer would problably be average depending on the requierments of FSX

Things aren't looking too hopeful as far as performance. the PCs Microsoft has been running the demo FSX on at the conventions can't even run it at max settings. It's still the beta version, but with the addition of Windows Vista... Plan on getting a quantum computer in year 2100!

beech699 Guest

cannot get the beta FS X running on any of the 3 puters I have with nvidea cars. They either lockup or will not allow getting into the menu to change the settings.

CtrlAltDlt Guest

You must be referring to Windows Vista beta. Unless you are a flight simulator beta tester that just broke his oath of secrecy by revealing his inside sources. As far as I know, there are no beta versions of FSX available to the public. But then again, what do I know?

Pro Member Trainee
astraGTE Trainee

CtrlAltDlt wrote:

You must be referring to Windows Vista beta. Unless you are a flight simulator beta tester that just broke his oath of secrecy by revealing his inside sources. As far as I know, there are no beta versions of FSX available to the public. But then again, what do I know?

LOL! no there's definatly no vista beta versions avaiable to the public! i don't think vista will ever be out the rate there going...as for FSX it is compatable with XP but won't run any were near as good as it would on vista.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Maybe im wrong but i know some people(mebers here to be specific)that already has or being tasked from MS to check the Beta Version of Vista.

Could be wrong though... Dont Know

CtrlAltDlt Guest

Windows Vista Beta is open to the public actually. And get this - it requires hardware acceleration for the DESKTOP!

CtrlAltDlt Guest

It's FSX that doesn't have a public beta (what game would?).

??? Guest

i have the demo to FSX and its very glitchy and it freezes alot. microsoft make it hard for us gamers who dont have the money to make FSX run on even the lowest setting

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

It was gonna take me 60 hours to download ans FS9 only takes 15 minutes and runs at the best so FSX is gonna BE HUGE

??? Guest

Took me 60 minutes to download

WantFSX Guest

The thing that is crazy is that FS9 is only 2-3gb in size....and the FSX demo, with only a small portion of the carribean was 600mb! I guess they'll be using every bit of those 2 DVD's!

sfox Guest

My system is Intel DC6600 OC'D to 3.2mhz. EVGA 8800GTS 640MB @ 598/1056. I can run at 20 fps in full ultra mode @ 1650x1080. It really looks sweet.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

sfox wrote:

My system is Intel DC6600 OC'D to 3.2mhz. EVGA 8800GTS 640MB @ 598/1056. I can run at 20 fps in full ultra mode @ 1650x1080. It really looks sweet.

What happens when you turn the autogen, ground traffic, AI and all water effects to 100% and fly over New York city?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...