FS2004 GPS Screen

Jamie4590 Guest

I have an add-on aircraft (Altitude software's Concorde to be specific) and I'm unable to use the GPS navigation screen for it as the aircrafts navigation system is the INS. As wondrous as the INS is, it makes flight planning and preparation tedious and time consuming at times and I would love to be able to fly the Concorde using the GPS screen showing my flight-plan waypoints. It would be ok if the autopilot didn't recognise the flight-plan with this method as I could handfly the plane just by tracking the waypoint to waypoint line. I know Concorde had no such luxury but can this be done maybe by editing a file?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yes, but that wouldn't be at all realistic now would it. Wink

Jamie4590 Guest

Do you mean yes it is possible? If so can you spill the beans? I know its kind of cheating but it would motivate me to fly new routes. I could even load the waypoints in to the INS as well and just use the GPS screen as confirmation I'm on course instead of having to pause the flight to check flight progress with the map. Thats sort of a comprimise! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...