Delay in displaying textures

Jmoore Guest

Hi, when i change views in game the aircraft appear grey and untexured for a few seconds until they load. as you can imagine this take some of the realism out of the game because when you go to a different view you expect to see the plane you are in fully coloured, not a grey model.

it appears to be a problem with loading the textures because as i said, after a few seconds they appear and look fine.

im running an athlon 2.2ghz, 1gig ram, geeforce 6800 gt. im thinking it maybe a hard drive thing cos it could really use a defrag. just wanted to get some feedback tho before i run the defrag for a few hours.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's usually the fault of the video card. you have a fairly good one.
Download new drivers, and then clean out the old ones.
Delete the card in device manager, reboot (Windows will recognize the card) and install the new drivers that you just downloaded.
I would turn off the anti virus, it gets in the way of the new driver installation.
If you can do it in safe mode that'll be best.
http://www.drivercleaner.net/

I would also defrag at least once a week. If you do it that often it won't take as long.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Except RadarMan's correct suggestion you can also assign a key in order to refresh your scenery from keys assignments menu(There is the Refresh Scenery choice with no key assigned for it)
You will notice that you textures will reload and appeared quicker each time you use it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I have the same problem, but it depends on advanced the textures are on my plane.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...