Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me what should my take off verical speed be having in mind that I use the autopilot right after I get airborn? I set it on +3000 fpm. Also I could really use what should be the VS setting when doing an initial decent? I use between -1500 to -1800 fpm. Is thatt too much?
4 Answers
If you are flying a jet, then 3000fpm is a good climb speed initially - maybe slightly less in a bigger jet. 1500-1800fpm is a good speed for descent.
😉
I think that after take off your speed is the most important to monitor and your VS can be what it is. ie, if your speed is within the right perameters your VS is correct whatever it is. I think 2000 - 3000ftm is about right depending on the aircraft and its power.
In a B-734:
Sea Level - FL140: 3200 fpm
FL140 - FL305: 2500 fpm
FL305+: 1600 fpm
Thanks alot guys!
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
Chief Captain