Shutter Effect

Pro Member First Officer
Donald Stratton (GoneGolfing) First Officer

Hi guys, just wondering on my sons computer he is running FS2004 and he is experiencing some weird things such as using squawkbox or any other dialog based module, what happens is when say for instance we use squawkbox and the dialog appears in the sim anything under the dialog disappears or the background goes black, if we move it up the screen disappears and when we move it down the screen reappears. My sons computer spec's are 2.6 amd athon, 2 gigs memory ram running a nvidia 128 mb FX 5500 video card and a 350 gig hd. Please see screen shots below, any suggestions are welcomed, thanks for your time.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try different drivers or better yet, a new card that will give him better FPS and a nicer look to the sim.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm guessing it's a Squawkbox issue. You could try a re-install or an older version. Check this out ➡

http://squawkbox.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=0f14da06b5a683634a44193b0e66808e

Some interesting topics on that page.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...