Hi guys, just wondering on my sons computer he is running FS2004 and he is experiencing some weird things such as using squawkbox or any other dialog based module, what happens is when say for instance we use squawkbox and the dialog appears in the sim anything under the dialog disappears or the background goes black, if we move it up the screen disappears and when we move it down the screen reappears. My sons computer spec's are 2.6 amd athon, 2 gigs memory ram running a nvidia 128 mb FX 5500 video card and a 350 gig hd. Please see screen shots below, any suggestions are welcomed, thanks for your time.
2 Answers
Try different drivers or better yet, a new card that will give him better FPS and a nicer look to the sim.

I'm guessing it's a Squawkbox issue. You could try a re-install or an older version. Check this out ➡
http://squawkbox.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=0f14da06b5a683634a44193b0e66808e
Some interesting topics on that page.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
First Officer
Chief Captain