DirectX 9.0c Now Available

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The latest DirectX is now available for download.
Up to now it's only been a beta.
You can find DirectX 9.0c at:

Tell us of your problems if you should have any.
We would also like to hear if it has helped your FPS rate at all. Some are reporting that it has.
Good luck and good flying!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Tell us of your problems if you should have any.
We would also like to hear if it has helped your FPS rate at all. Some are reporting that it has.
Good luck and good flying! [/b]

Given the fact my computer is so slow my planes should be flying backwards it does seem to have made a slight improvement.
But that is OK since the planes I fly are slow too.LOL Light planes are what I like to fly, especially the old tail draggers.

No problems at all. I would recommend upgrading your DirectX to 9C and giving it a try.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just installed it myself and took the default Cessna for a spin. I'd hope it's not my imagination but could I be getting 2 more fps at KSEA at takeoff. 🤔
We all would like to think that but it sure seems that way...impossible... Dont Know

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

Nvidia has also released a new driver,that supports the new DirectX, it can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
Pay in mind that it´s for XP Group Wave

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I just installed it myself and took the default Cessna for a spin.

Radar

That was the plane I used and why I used it. I knew what my normal frame rates were with it and I think I did get a slight gain.

I flew it at the same altitudes and the same patterns I normally fly also. Different altitudes and different terrain can change the
frame rates.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...