Help Needed

David M Guest

Hi guys

I know this has probably been asked over a hundred times but I'm thinking of buying either FS2004 or Combat Simulator but am unsure as to which is the better of the two. I quite fancy the combat missions but im unsure if there are any Vulcan add-ons with missions etc so I'm unsure what would be the best simulator to get.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It depends on what you are looking for. FS2004 isn't really a get in and fly sort of simulator - there is a lot of learning to do to get the most out of the sim and is fairly complex and realistic. That said, time and patience isn't paramount but it is useful. If you are looking to simulate real world flying, i.e. GA flying and commercial flying, then FS2004 is the sim for you.

If you are looking for more of a game rather than simulator perspective and something that isn't as realistic then try a Combat simulator. It comes down to what you are looking for most really.

David M Guest

Thanks for getting back to me.

Im still unsure as to what I'm looking for, on one hand I'm looking for a realistic game such as FS however the combat side appeals to me! I just can't make up my mind!!

Ideally I'm looking for a Vulcan add-on, are there any sites you know of where I can get these and can you only get them for FS or are they available for CFS?

Many thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

4th from the bottom, free.

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004military69.htm

There isn't any fighting, shooting or dropping of bombs in the simulator just in the combat sim.

Radar

Get them both......I did...And I can tell you that Combat Sim was fun,iy was a little cheesy to me and offered no real world flying....

I never reinstalled Combat Sim after a CP crash a year ago......

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

David M wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me.

Im still unsure as to what I'm looking for, on one hand I'm looking for a realistic game such as FS however the combat side appeals to me! I just can't make up my mind!!

Ideally I'm looking for a Vulcan add-on, are there any sites you know of where I can get these and can you only get them for FS or are they available for CFS?

Many thanks

I think you already made up your mind. Looks like you're more into dog fights and high G manouvers than waitting a couple of hours to start a rather long and slow decent in a big grumpy jetliner. 😉

Guest Ed Guest

Anonymous wrote:

Get them both......I did...And I can tell you that Combat Sim was fun,iy was a little cheesy to me and offered no real world flying....

I never reinstalled Combat Sim after a CP crash a year ago......

I'm with you; I have both, but I never fly the Combat Sim. I tried it a few times, said "Eh," and never went back to it.

Ed

Jamie4590 Guest

In my student days me and a housemate had great fun playing a playstation combat sim (forget the name) with one controlling navigation and the other controlling weapons like napalm and heat seeking missiles. Great days! As its hard to control both aspects on my own I don't play them anymore but I do miss the dogfights. I currently run FS2002 and was going to upgrade to FS9 but as I understand FSX is due out in the next few months so I'm going to wait for that. My graphics card is NVIDIA FX5200 and I can run FS with all the performance settings on max. Will this card be ok for FSX?

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

Well if you want civil flying get 2004 but if u really like civil flying mabe wait till fsx comes out also you can download war aircraft for fs2004 and fsx

if you like combat more than civil then get lockon for modern or mfs combat for old aircraft

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

It all depends on what's important to you, I have several. The best choices are:

Civil flight simulation- FS2004
WWII Combat- CFS2, CFS3
Modern Combat- Falcon 4.0 or Lock On (still debating)

If I could only have one, Flight Simulator 2004. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

If I could only have one, Flight Simulator 2004.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...