Lear 45 Throttle Markings

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Hi all, 😀

Would someone kindly tell me what MCT and MCR stand for on the Lear throttle area? TIA !

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I believe, (and I will be corrected) that they mean this.
MCT -Max continuous (climb) thrust.
MCR- Max cruise rate.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Nope, Rararman's right!

Pro Member Chief Captain

what seems odd though is that the APP setting is higher than the T/O setting on there, who in their right mind would approach at full throttle?

Unless APP means something else?
Radarman, whats it mean?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

F_E_M,
This will mean more to you than me, I'm not to up on this as of yet.

In commercial transports the usual philosophy is to attempt a continuous descent so as to fly from from the FAF (Final App. Fix) to the MAP (Missed App. Point) in a stabilised config, i.e. speed, config, thrust setting, descent rate etc. all constant.

The old accepted method, still required to be followed in some instances due to obstructions, and traditionally taught in the early stages of one's instrument training in light aircraft, involves a series of stepdowns, and minimum altitudes/heights at set distances. This will probably involve descending to and levelling out at a minimum descent altitude/height (MDA/H), before reaching the MAP. and arguably increases the chances of seeing the runway in marginal conditions
I thought you might like to read these.
http://www.projectmagenta.com/products/boeing.html

http://www.projectmagenta.com/products/quickmap.html

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

thats sweet! Thanks RM!

Well, i'm off to take my kitty to the vet.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Bah, it's payware! shoot.

I work at a McDonalds, i cant afford paywayre 😛

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

I believe, (and I will be corrected) that they mean this.
MCT -Max continuous (climb) thrust.
MCR- Max cruise rate.

Radar

Thank you, Radarman! 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Glad it was what you needed michlin.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

This one for Fire_Emblem_Master.

I am looking at your picture and I cannot tell if you need to get more sun, or, you have gotten too much sun. Weird huh? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain

Lemme tell ya, if that was me, i would hide. Actually, i think it's Till Lindeman, from Rammstien.

capceo Guest

Since Nobody knew what what the "Approach" region on the throttle quadrant was, I thought I would bring back this 3 year old post for everyones general information. The farthest marking on the pedestal is not APP its APR. This has ABSOLOUTLEY NOTHING to do with the word approach. I am a student on the Learjet 60. Markings are the same. APR is a mode that is only used in the event of an engine failure, or full aerodynamic stall recovery. Basically, what the T/O region does, is bring up the power, and then tweak it a little so that you are generating the maximum allowed power for the current conditions. This is all done by EDC computer. Well, APR mode does as follows: lets say that you have just rotated, retracted the gear, and your left engine fails. When you push the Right throttle into the APR region, It overrides the EDC computer, and generated Sea Level power with the good engine all the way up to 8000 feet. This means that you get a tremendous boost of power to keep you going. It should only be used in emergency situations. Most stalls only require a small input of power in a jet to fly out of them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

capceo wrote:

Since Nobody knew what what the "Approach" region on the throttle quadrant was, I thought I would bring back this 3 year old post for everyones general information. The farthest marking on the pedestal is not APP its APR. This has ABSOLOUTLEY NOTHING to do with the word approach. I am a student on the Learjet 60. Markings are the same. APR is a mode that is only used in the event of an engine failure, or full aerodynamic stall recovery. Basically, what the T/O region does, is bring up the power, and then tweak it a little so that you are generating the maximum allowed power for the current conditions. This is all done by EDC computer. Well, APR mode does as follows: lets say that you have just rotated, retracted the gear, and your left engine fails. When you push the Right throttle into the APR region, It overrides the EDC computer, and generated Sea Level power with the good engine all the way up to 8000 feet. This means that you get a tremendous boost of power to keep you going. It should only be used in emergency situations. Most stalls only require a small input of power in a jet to fly out of them.

That thread is 3 years old and half the people that made it left the forums! 😉

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

.....nevertheless, assuming what's posted is correct, it was interesting to me to read 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

ARD-DC wrote:

.....nevertheless, assuming what's posted is correct, it was interesting to me to read 🙂

I agree with you, sometimes guests dig up these ancient threads and intrest us in a topic that's important but never thought about it! 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...