Trouble with Throttle Control on CH Products Flight Yoke: Full & Idle Throttle Not Responsive

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

Hi Guys,

I can't get either full throttle or idle throttle by using the throttle control on the yoke. I need to press F1 to get idle throttle and F4 for full throttle. The lever moves the throttle most of the way but not all the way.

I have tried calibrating, uninstalling, and reinstalling. I have also followed the setup instructions for the ms flight simulator on the CH website.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help.

Calum

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Madbrit Guest

Do you have fsuipc installed?

It is possible to set much better control of the levers to get the output you're looking for.

There is a free version (restricted) and a payware version. I'd consider it to be the number one add-on to FS and in many cases a requirement to interface FS with other add-ons.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The CH yoke does not require FSUIPC to function properly. Do you have anything else assign as the throttle, such as a joystick? If so unselect it because FS can not handle two devices assigned to the same thing.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

calum wrote:

Hi Guys,

I cant get either full throttle or idle throttle by using the throttle control on the yoke. I need to press F1 to get idle throttle and F4 for full throttle. The lever moves the throttle most of the way but not all the way.

I have tried calibrating, uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also followed the set up instructions for ms flight simulator on the CH web site.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help.

Calum

I have that EXACT same problem with the prop lever on my yoke. I also have done just about everything, and can not get it to work.

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

I realised that although I uninstalled the yoke on windows, it was still installed within flight simulator itself. I uninstalled it there as well, and then reinstalled it and it seems fine. I can certainly get idle now on the throttle. I am not convinced I am getting full throttle as the PMGD 737 moves the throttle lever back a bit about half a second after I put it to full throttle. This is without autothrottle. The PMGD b1900D seems fine though, so probably that is a feature of the 737.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Ensure that in the calibration area, your throttle sensitivity is max and the null zone is small or even zero(less than 10% of total). Make sure nothing else is also assigned to control the throttle axis. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Calum,

I've come across this issue before and it's certainly a frustrating one. I understand you've tried the typical solutions like calibration and reinstalling, but let's see if we can still crack this together.

1. Calibration Check
You mentioned calibrating, but let's be sure about the specific steps. You should be using the Windows USB Game Controllers interface for this.

• Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers.
  • Right-click your device and select Game controller settings.
  • Click Properties, then choose the Settings tab and finally Calibrate.
  • Follow the steps as per your yoke's manual, ensuring the throttle lever is recognized in its full range.

2. Controller Assignment within MS Flight Simulator 2004
Ensure the throttle axis is assigned correctly:

• Within MSFS 2004, go to Options -> Controls.
  • Find the throttle axis and ensure it's assigned to your yoke's throttle control.
  • Look for any sensitivity settings or dead zones that might be hindering the full range of motion.

3. Firmware Update
Check the CH Products website to see if there are any recent firmware updates for your device. From my knowledge, this has solved similar problems for other users.

4. Test with Other Simulators (if applicable)
If possible, test with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 or X-Plane 12. If the issue persists across multiple platforms, it could indicate a hardware problem.

5. Contact CH Products Support
If all else fails, reach out to CH Products' customer support. Their team can provide specialized guidance tailored to your yoke's model.

Remember, patience is key. Troubleshooting these issues can be time-consuming, but with perseverance, you'll likely find a solution.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...