Concorde Take-off. My First Vid!!

Jamie4590 Guest

I love a new toy!

On Tuesday I downloaded fraps and subsequently discovered Windows movie maker on my system that I never knew I had!

I knocked this vid up yesterday. Please let me know what you think......

I've noticed a few things myself before they come pouring in.

Namely:

The INS units fail as I apply full thrust. (They were deliberately not aligned)

The white curser arrow pops up in a few annoying places.

The continuity is a bit disjointed because I'm using the fraps freeware (30 seconds maximum per section)

TCAS is off! I forgot to switch it on!

Speed bugs for V speeds not set. Height bugs not set.

Take off point might be considered a bit premature.

I don't give credit to Microsoft, BA or myself!

No crew in the cockpit! Fear

Apart from all those not too bad and a lot of fun making it. Let me know what you think: 👍

Concorde Take-off & Climb Video:

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Very nice video, especially for your first time. Is it just me, or did it not have any sound?

Jamie4590 Guest

Cheers! I recorded with no sound as I thought that might affect the graphic quality? Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm not sure, you can always add music if it does - just a thought, I prefer something to silence 😉

Jamie4590 Guest

Something that happens whenever I start a turn and which is noticable in the video is the aircraft turns in the opposite direction for a moment. Say I'm turning left the flight director makes the aircraft turn right briefly before starting the left turn. I've often wondered why this is. Could it be somehting to do with controlling the air travelling over the wings?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You did a nice job with it, some of the angles were interesting.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Something that happens whenever I start a turn and which is noticable in the video is the aircraft turns in the opposite direction for a moment. Say I'm turning left the flight director makes the aircraft turn right briefly before starting the left turn. I've often wondered why this is. Could it be somehting to do with controlling the air travelling over the wings?

I've had a think and I can't think of any aerodynamic reason as to why it would bank the opposite direction first. The secondary pre-requisite of aileron (in Concorde's case, elevon) is to cause adverse yaw, but not adverse bank. Parasitic drag is symmetric and induced drag differential would cause yaw, not bank. Dont Know Maybe something to do with the concorde itself?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I'm not an expert on that aircraft. But maybe only rotate 10-15 degrees on takeoff so as to avoid a tail strike.

Jamie4590 Guest

Thanks for the comments guys. When I get a joystick I'll stop cheating by using the AP wherever possible!

Munkeh Guest

Lol nice take off, you just needed some glorious take off music with it 😛 😉

Where did you get concorde? All addons seem crap (only downloaded an md80 and couldnt get it to stop using the 737 panel), and I don't have paypal for this site 😞

Jamie4590 Guest

mypilot wrote:

I'm not an expert on that aircraft. But maybe only rotate 10-15 degrees on takeoff so as to avoid a tail strike.

Tail strikes in Concorde on both takeoff and landing arn't uncommon because of the high pitch needed which prompted the addition of a tail wheel. The take off in the vid is not realistic because I used the VS selector to raise the nose. I'll do it properly next time. 😉

Munkeh wrote:

Where did you get concorde? All addons seem crap.

Altitude software/Koch Media title. I picked it up for 2 for £15 at GAME shop. There are a few features it doesn't have so Im looking to upgrade soon. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great video [?] 👏

Jamie4590 Guest

99jolegg wrote:

Jamie4590 wrote:

I've had a think and I can't think of any aerodynamic reason as to why it would bank the opposite direction first. The secondary pre-requisite of aileron (in Concorde's case, elevon) is to cause adverse yaw, but not adverse bank. Parasitic drag is symmetric and induced drag differential would cause yaw, not bank. Dont Know Maybe something to do with the concorde itself?

I've just discovered that this is a known bug in FS!

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I lost your aircraft a bit in the terrain as thge observation/camera angle was above the wing tip. Some sound or music would be good. It's your first FS video and it's a good one.

Pro Member First Officer
Donald Stratton (GoneGolfing) First Officer

Jamie4590 very nice video, 9 out of 10 🙂

Cons: constant departure(TO) view.

Pros: nice vc view and some cabin view.

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

No sound.
If you only put a soundtrack on it.
"Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen, it would have got a 10 out of 10 from me.

Jamie4590 Guest

Good choice. Dear Freddie would be 60 on Wednesday and there is a docu interviewing his family and friends which I will be watching. I don't think there has ever been a greater showman.

For the soundtrack I was thinking Stevie Wonder's Beatles cover "We Can Work It Out"

Jamie4590 Guest

Thanks for the comments guys. It was my first attempt and only took a few hours to complete but after seeing other peoples efforts with enhanced scenery, views and clearly more time and effort mine pales in comparison. Its all a learning curve. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...