Multiplayer...how????

Wobba Guest

Hi, i have FS2002, whenever i put in an IP, nothing comes up, i have no idea whats wrong, i have a firewall (which i can disable) and i am on a router. If anyone could give me step by step instructions it would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get into the VA community but i think getting on line is the first step 🙄

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This covers all MS games, it has to be your firewall (you already disabled it) or your router.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819836

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Wobba Guest

the troubleshooting is only for fs2004, im pretty sure it has something to do with the ports, but i have no experience with routers or ports or anything like that so i need steps =/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this, if it doesn't work post your problem on their forum.
http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/FlightSim2002/FlightSim2002index.htm

Let us know how you do, good luck.

Radar

Wobba Guest

ok, i just don't understand though, why do i have to enable ports if all i want to do is PLAY online? I play all my online games without having to open ports. I just don't get it. sorry =/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dont Know If I knew the answer to that I would have told you in the beginning. I wish for your sake that I could
What I'm trying to do is find out why you can't connect, I don't use a router but possibly the combination of the software firewall that you use and the hardware (router) firewall could be the cause of the non connection.

I was hoping that since the site I gave to you has a forum and has an interest in the flight sim that they might be the ones to help.

Possibly the VA that you want to join will help you, many of them have forums and many of the members probably have routers.
Many people with routers have connection problems whether it's for downloads, accessing sites or connecting with others via IP.

I just use XP's firewall (SP1).

I wish you luck and if you can let us know how it works out. 👍

Radar

Wobba Guest

Alrighty 😀 thanks for your help, looks like its time to go bother people on another forum 🙄 I'll figure it out......eventually!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's probably something simple that we haven't hit on. It's always that way.
Let us know how you do. 👍

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...