Need help with VATSIM and SQUAKBOX

Pro Member Trainee
Flyguy41983 Trainee

Hence the title. How do i sign up to be a pilot for VATSIM and how do I get SB3 to work. I know i need to do something with multiplayer!?! Can someone help me?
Thank you,
Brandon 🙂

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Go to VATSIM and register. Then please read their starter guide. It's short enough and contains everything you need to know. As for SB3, if you have a VATSIM account all you need to do is log in 🙂

Again though, please read the VATSIM guide! It covers useful things like "don't start on the runway" and "file a valid flight plan" Wink

Pro Member Trainee
Flyguy41983 Trainee

thank you! i got an account right after i posted this! lol But every time i go to KBOS I go to Modeuls and then SB3. It says unable to start Multiplayer session SB3 will not start. So i filed a flight plan at 6:00 and it said your flight is restrained for 2 hours. Does that mean i should go to KBOS and start at 8:00? I am confused. Any replies will help!!
Brandon

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I use FSINN and not SB3, but it should work. Make sure you enter the correct password and login information (your VATSIM info) into SB3.

As for the flight plan, no it doesn't mean you need to go in at a specific time. If you filed the flight plan out of game (as I guess you did), it will be retained by the server for 2 real hours. Which means, if you log onto VATSIM using the same callsign you used to file the flight plan, you don't need to retype it, it will be there for you (you can retrieve it from server). You can also file a flight plan after you start a flight at the gate though, no problems.

Pro Member Trainee
Flyguy41983 Trainee

What is FSINN?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

If you'd bothered to actually read the Vatsim site, you'd know the answer.

This is under Pilot Resources.

FSInn 1.0
FSInn is a universal network pilot client from the French development team. For FSD servers, P2P, multi-engines weather, radar, free airplanes libraries based on ICAO codes, “Gluomatic” system, smoothing and interpolation of multi-players planes.

Additionally, if you'd googled the term, you'd have links to the FSINN site, as well.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...