Call of duty 2

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

I took this shot today. I thought that you woul like it.
Anyone plays this game.... It is fantastic .

and yeah.. all settings are on max except resolution.
I get 30-35 FPS

Answers 27 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

AWSOME!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good looking game [sp?] Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have play all the Call of duty series.Excellent games.
I also like the familiar Medal Of Honor.

Call of duty III is close to be released. 😉

http://www.planetcallofduty.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Somebody try bf2!

Jamie4590 Guest

I love games like that. Have you played Vietcong? Its brown trousers time from start to finish!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Nope. I'm an all round bf2 freak though. Special forces expansion pack, euro force booster, Armored fist booster...etcetcetc....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I love games like that. Have you played Vietcong? Its brown trousers time from start to finish!

Might give it a try. I've had Conflict Vietnam for ages but haven't been able to get past the rifle range yet. No idea what I'm supposed to be shooting at Help!

Jamie4590 Guest

As history describes the NVA but in particular the Vietcong were a ruthless, calculating and cunning enemy which put US troops in constant fear in an area they didn't know but their enemy knew intricately.

The game captures the fear and the levels are based on actual events in the war including a battle to protect a US base that lasts for about 30 minutes. 30 minutes of continuous enemy attacks. One thing the Vietcong had a lot of was personnel willing to go 'over the top'.

It also has authentic weapons. M60 Drool M79 Drool and in your bunker in-between missions you can read briefings, learn more about the history of the war and weapons descriptions while listening to actual soundtracks of the 60's. There has been an influx of Vietnam War games in the last year but Vietcong is easily the best. Infact after talking about it I might leave the hangar locked tonight and load it up. It’s worth it for the music alone.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Jamie4590 Guest

Thats the one. I started it again yesterday on hard setting. The game begins with you flying in a chopper to the base to Jimi Hendrix' Hey Joe.

Wha tmore can be said!? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Thats the one. I started it again yesterday on hard setting. The game begins with you flying in a chopper to the base to Jimi Hendrix' Hey Joe.

Wha tmore can be said!? 😀

Loud and clear - getting it NOW!! 😀

Jamie4590 Guest

Its a great title and very stable to boot. I never had any problems with it. In the UK its an 18 certificate not so much from the gore but because of the language and adult references.

Make sure to get the full title with the expansion pack (fist alpha) included.

I forgot to add you get a full team to direct on each mission and can call in air support. Yeah baby!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Finally managed to get my paws on it. No expansion pack - it's called VIETCONG 2 and was published in '05 (around 70$) I guess that's the one.

Sadly, haven't heard a peep of Jimi yet... no Huey in sight and Charlie, as was to be expected is as elusive as ever.

Truth be told, I'm stuck in a room with scantily clad Lucy who insists on calling me GI Daniel. Don't seem to be able to free myself off her persuasive charms. I've tried to zoom in on her a bit using F1 View - but that doesn't seem to work 😞

Now if only I could get her to call me Chief Captain Tailhook instead of GI Daniel... who knows, maybe I could teach her a few other 'tricks' as well...

Whistle

Jamie4590 Guest

You're in for a treat, I've heard good reports for Vietcong 2 although I've not played it yet. I've only played the first one. I don't know if Jimi will be on the soundtrack but like the original there should be some great tracks and storyline to keep you hooked. A great feature of the original which I hope is on Vietcong 2 is when you are killed by your enemy the camera pans to the enemy that shot you. If they are a sniper they can be very far away and this helps you out a bit for future attempts. Another tip, which I'm sure you don't need me telling you, is to stay close to your point man on missions and always know where your medic is incase you get hit. The actual pointmen recruited by the US forces had generally defected from the NVA and knew the area and enemy movements well and basically will keep you alive.

The original is a few years old now so keep an eye out for it at second hand shops and you'll pick it up for a few dollars I expect.

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the nice hints and tips, I'll get a chance to spend more time figuring it all out within the next view days. Had absolutely no time to spend with Lucy today but it's time to move on anyway.

Let me stretch your patience further: What's a Shader 2.0 compliant video card? (Part of the system requirements) or should I ask this in the Hardware Section 🤔

Jamie4590 Guest

Its not something I'm familiar with. Sorry. Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Thanks for the nice hints and tips, I'll get a chance to spend more time figuring it all out within the next view days. Had absolutely no time to spend with Lucy today but it's time to move on anyway.

Let me stretch your patience further: What's a Shader 2.0 compliant video card? (Part of the system requirements) or should I ask this in the Hardware Section 🤔

Some cards (expensive) might have a form of it now but it will be part of the new cards that can make use of DirectX 10 when Vista comes out.
It will also be used for FSX to show off detail on the aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks RM 👍

The absence of this Shader on my card doesn't seem to impede my gameplay so far.

Update: Turns out 'Lucy' is one of the permanent residents in the 'cathouse' I somehow had ended up in. 😳
I've said my good byes and pledged a speedy return (as if she cared, the little gold digger) and learnt that I somehow have to find my way out of this establishment of ill repute.
Seems the closer I get to the exit, the louder the chop chop of the Hueys and best of all, the music is getting much better. Progress is being made Yes

Thanks,
GI Daniel

Jamie4590 Guest

I made a nice discovery recently. The first time I bought Vietcong it came with the expansion pack called Fist Alpha. I won’t give anything away about the expansion pack just to say it has some incredible cut scenes in-between missions like the troops jamming with guitars and harmonicas and drinking at base during some rare R&R.

I sold Vietcong a while back and then bought it again minus the expansion pack. Cutting a long story short I just discovered Fist Alpha is still on my computer and even better runs without the disk!

The more I play Vietcong the more I realise that it’s easily the best war game I've ever played. The graphics and sound are fantastic. Especially the sound of a distant chopper when you call in evac. Or the split second sight of a fighter jet going overhead when you call in an air strike if things get too heavy. The eerie sound of the crickets in the jungle really gets my heart pumping.

My previous favourite war game was IGI but Vietcong takes things to another level. After each mission you can read a de-briefing in your bunker which is written based on what you did. If you took a wrong turning and the mission took longer than needed it will be recorded and your captain wont be too pleased. You can also take the time to study the next mission, what’s required and the direction you should be going which in thick wilderness is useful!

Tailhook, I would be interested to know if any of these features crop up in VC2 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm pretty sure they will, Jamie. This game is huge! But you'll have to be patient as I've totally unlearnt to put myself under pressure these days.

I'm still in the very easy mode exploring more than anything else. Haven't done any campaigns yet, just messing around with single missions. Haven't yet passed the first mission successfully because the journalist who just crapped himself and whom I'm supposed to protect keeps dying on me. So I haven't seen any troops jamming yet but plenty of drinking and puking back in the cathouse. There are plenty of interesting characters around using different accents, some ugly and some oh so pretty ❤️

I found my way out of the cathouse - took me a while to get used to the key commands and the dark hallways. Though I haven't seen any action yet, there is sporadic gunfire, exploding of shells and the occasional aircraft overhead, but the sounds are great. This is not even mentioning the background noises.
The graphics are great, the movements of persons are getting smoother and less robotlike and the textures of the environment at dusk are the best I've seen.

So, the next step will be to actually study a briefing and hone my combat skills. Being a rebel at heart, I'll probably spend most of my time in the stockade awaiting a court-martial and consequently things will be moving along very slowly. I'll let you know though when I discover anything exciting 😀

Jamie4590 Guest

I'm playing on hard level and I almost smashed my computer last night out of frustration and I'm still only on level 3! Just wait till I get the M60. Someone will pay. 😂

Another cool feature with VC is the ear ringing you get when a grenade goes off close to you. I've not fought in a war but I'll bet its very close to real life.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I'm playing on hard level and I almost smashed my computer last night out of frustration and I'm still only on level 3! Just wait till I get the M60. Someone will pay. 😂

ROFL ROFL

^^^ That's called 'Immersion' and I'm told that's what it's all about.

I was wondering, do you use just the keyboard or do you have some other fancy gadget?

Jamie4590 Guest

I just use a keyboard and mouse. Right mouse button run forward, Space bar move back and A to jump S to move left and D to move right. Q peek left and E peek right. I've been using these controls for many first-person games over the years and seen a lot of action! I bought Hitman once and thought it was a really good idea for a game but the fact that you couldn't use the right mouse button to run really p***** me off so I never played it.

What makes hard setting so god damn hard is because just one bullet kills me and the enemy AI is fascinating. They are so clever. Its fair enough because just one head shot takes the enemy down on any difficulty setting.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

hms_endeavour - Keep your eye out for FeedBag2469 (me) on the Battlefield 2 scene.

Pro Member Chief Captain

KurtPStevens wrote:

hms_endeavour - Keep your eye out for FeedBag2469 (me) on the Battlefield 2 scene.

Awesome- I'm not on bf2 right now, but will be from a week or 2 on. You gonna buy BF2142? oh and I'm mostly on the server CainsLair.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I just use a keyboard and mouse.

Thanks Jamie, I should be able to manage then by keeping it simple 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah, but fancy mice and keyboards? 😂 😀 😀 😀
My mouse suc** But I have a great keyboard.
May I suggest:
Keyboards:
Saitek Eclipse keyboard 45$
Gameboard aprrx. 50$

Mice:
Saitek Gamer's mouse 60$
Logitech G7 65$
Logitech G5 65$
Revoltec Fightmouse advanced 65$ (only if you have big hands)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...