nvidia latest drivers

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

For those that are interested. Nvidia have released their latest driver.

Nvidia 91.47 drivers

Release Highlights:
* WHQL Certified.
* Adds support for NVIDIA Quad SLI, GeForce 7600 GS AGP and GeForce 7100 GS.
* Includes the new NVIDIA Control Panel. Please visit the NVIDIA Control Panel website for more information.
* New NVIDIA PureVideo features and enhancements. Please visit the NVIDIA PureVideo website for more information on PureVideo technology and system requirements.
o Adds noise reduction post processing
o Adds image sharpening post processing
o Improved Inverse telecine algorithm
o Improved de-interlacing algorithm
o Improved compatibility with third party MPEG-2 decoders
* Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support
* For a full list of fixes issues, please view the release notes.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I might give the latest drivers a miss this time. The last latest drivers I downloaded, screwed up FsP and parts of FS9... Do all drivers have their 'loop holes'?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for the update Liono but i have to agree with Jon.
I once update my drivers-in past- and my screen start flashing when FS loads...It was enough to make me get rid of them and remain to the CD ones.... Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I too have had the flashing screen,(on load up)but lived with it because I did notice an improvement in my gfx.
So give them a try(live with the flashing screen for a day or two) and see how fs behaves 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I've installed them (as I alwas do with the latest ones). I have my settings as follows

AA = 4x
AF = 16x

no black screen until I reach 8x on the AA. I have only fired up FS once tonight but I didn't notice any flashing at all.

I think I got a slight improvement over the old ones, but not to sure. I have noticed my screen abit sharper than the older drivers.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Ouch! First time I've had any problems with nV updates, spent the last 2 hours installing 91.47 and then reinstalling 91.31 that works OK, but this 91.47 I get half a screen the other half slides off to one side, the mouse goes crazy. I lost complete control, had to press reset, go into safe mode, to eventually get back to normal. So 91.47 can wait! Cos I'm off to bed!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

I've installed them (as I alwas do with the latest ones). I have my settings as follows

AA = 4x
AF = 16x

no black screen until I reach 8x on the AA. I have only fired up FS once tonight but I didn't notice any flashing at all.

I think I got a slight improvement over the old ones, but not to sure. I have noticed my screen abit sharper than the older drivers.

AF = 16x ? Is this safe - I'm still sticking to the 91.31 though after what I've just read.

I've got AF = 4x atm Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well, I don't know why 91.47 went crazy, but I'm running without any problems today on 91.31. I just wonder if my running in SLI config has any bearing on the problem, but 91.31 has no trouble. I'll try it on my spare computer later, but off now car in for it's MoT, yuk! Another bill! Goes up every year, £44.00 or more now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

I too have had the flashing screen,(on load up)but lived with it because I did notice an improvement in my gfx.
So give them a try(live with the flashing screen for a day or two) and see how fs behaves 😉

Since you told me so i will give a try TTT. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Dont ever listen to me,im barking Wacko ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

😀 Dont ever listen to me,im barking Wacko ROFL

I like to take risks... 😂 Fear Hack

🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...