NEW GEFORCE DRIVERS - Great performance increase for FS2004

Bigal78 Guest

Its not brand new but....

Just thought I would let everyone know, I just updated to the latest Geforce Forceware driver 9.1.4.7 realeased on 8/11/2006 from the last version and with exactly the same settings in FS2004, my frame rate went up between 10-30 frames per second.

I was getting lower frame rates in the city areas (as low as 30 fps) but with these new drivers I cant get it to go below 60 frames per second with max settings at 1920 x 1200 resolution.

Fantastic!
Make sure you update to this recent driver. One concern though, I have the demo of FSX and it wont run now with these drivers. I might have to reinstall the demo. Probably just temporary

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

(doesn't work if you have a geforce 5500 Wink)

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

And it did horrible things to my twin SLI 7900GTXs set up! And with 91.31 I'm getting fps90 to fps180........

Guest Ed Guest

Yeah, whether it will help or work at all depends a lot on the card and the system.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...