Old Version Geforce drivers for better Framerate !!!

BigAl1978 Guest

I have a Geforce 7900 GTX & have experimented for a few months with using various older version drivers to run FS2004.

I have discovered that an older Version 9.1.4.7 is the best for my computer & probably yours too. With all the same settings, I get a smoother, more constant frame rate, approximately 10 frames per second higher than the latest version Geforce drivers.

I am running FS2004 at 1920 x 1200 with all graphics options set to full & my frame fate does not go below 60 frames per second, even in New york or London.

My settings are...

Versical Sync : ON
Antialiasing settings : 8xs
Anisotropic Filtering : 16x
Triple buffering : ON
Force Mipmaps : trilinear

I am using the following system:

- Dual Core Athlon 4200+
- Albatron Geforce 7900GTX
- 2 gig DDR2 ram
- 320 Gig Western digital hard drive
- Dell 24 inch monitor

I hope this helps your gameplay, it certainlly made a big difference to mine. I don't know how these drivers effect other games, but I only play FS2004 anyway 🙂

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

the new nvidia drivers for me worked wonders...that was until i noticed i couldn't use AA without the screen going squiffy.

swings and roundabouts.

Guest Ed Guest

BigAl1978 wrote:

I have discovered that an older Version 9.1.4.7 is the best for my computer & probably yours too.

How did you discover what's best for my computer? 😉

My computer's a good bit older than yours, and I need even older drivers. That's the problem with PC's, no two are alike, so the same software works differently on every machine.

But I agree with your point that the very latest drivers are not always the best for every user. It is worthwhile to experiment with older drivers.

Ed

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

I noticed this with ATI's Catalyst drivers. It seemed that the newer the drivers got, the worst they performed on my computer 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

60 frames per second... heavy sigh

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

SpiderWings wrote:

60 frames per second... heavy sigh

same here...unfortunetly...

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

Dual Core Athlon 4200+
- Albatron Geforce 7900GTX
- 2 gig DDR2 ram
- 320 Gig Western digital hard drive

I should think you would get that ammout with a Dual Core Processor (Very Nice Indeed) and 2GB Ram

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...