Does FSX Retail perform better than the demo?

Al1978 Guest

I dont know if its even out yet, but does the full version of Flight Simulator X get better frame rates than the demo?

I have a brand new top end computer and I am getting terrible frame rates on the demo.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well my guess is that if you are getting low FPS from the demo things would be worst with FSX unless if something else causing your problem...FPS has to do mostly with systems performance and not so much with FS.
Can you please share with us your system specs?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Could be you have too many backround tasks running. Open task manager. Press the tab that says processes, now clib the User Name tab. Delete all tasks that are being performed under your username. EXCEPT EXPLORER AND TSKMANAGER!!

Al1978 Guest

I have the following

- Dual Core Athlon X2 4200+ CPU
- 2gb DDR2 533 ram
- Geforce 7900 GTX 512 mb graphics card
- 320 gig 7200 rpm hard drive
- Dell 24 inch LCD

I can run flight sim 2004 in 1920 x 1200 resolution with full settings at steady 60 frames per second.

When funning the FSX demo, I get 20 frames per second with less than half the settings. It looks terrible, its unplayable. I also have the ltest Geforce drivers. Also, it doesnt seem to make a difference what resolution I use, they all get a similar frame rate from 1024x768 up to 1920x1200

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Al1978 wrote:

- Dual Core Athlon X2 4200+ CPU
- 2gb DDR2 533 ram
- Geforce 7900 GTX 512 mb graphics card
- 320 gig 7200 rpm hard drive
- Dell 24 inch LCD

Nice computer! Keep in mind that Demos are never as good as the final product (usually) and that it might still be being configurated meaning that when it comes out it will be configurated to perform as well as possible! Also I don't know if the demo utilises boths cores in the processor.

al1978 Guest

I can actually get up to 60 frames in 1024 x 768 with very low settings but anything more settings just kills the frame rate

al1978 Guest

By the way, I had a AM2 single core processor last week and it made almost no difference to the frame rate ween I upgraded, also no difference in FS2004

I found the latest geforce drivers made a much better frame rate difference (up tot 20-30 frames)

bubububu19 Guest

hi my computer is a dell dimension 3000 with windows sp2 2.80 ghz and a intel extreme graphics card how will fsx run

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

bubububu19 wrote:

hi my computer is a dell dimension 3000 with windows sp2 2.80 ghz and a intel extreme graphics card how will fsx run

It will run, but do not expect great performance. Also, you didn't mention how much RAM you have on the motherboard.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...