final thoughts?

Pro Member Trainee
Brian B. (valcan222) Trainee

well after playing around with many diffrent configs for a new computer I think I am going to stick to this one, what do you all think?

Motherboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForxce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail -$209.99-

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2000MHz HT socket AM2 Dual Core Processor model ADA3800IAA5CU - Retail -$297.00-

Video Card: eVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT CO 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail -$169.99-

Powersupply: Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail -$89.99-

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KSRTL 250GB 720 RPM SATA 3.0 Gb/s Hard Drive - Retail -$119.99-

Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB ( 2 x 1GB ) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail -$198.00-

Monitor: Wise Wing W902DB Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor DVI 300 cd/m2 500:10.294mm Pixel pitch - Retail -$177.99-

I will have windows XP home with Service pack 2, untill vista comes out that is. Speeking of vista I will also get nother gig of RAM so I can have 3 gigs total, and I Will upgrade to the new video cards the direct X 10 when they come out, and in your oppinion do you think this will be able to run FSX good? and I also plan to get the Level-D 767, Active sky, ground enviorment, and ether ultimate traffic or traffic 2005, which is better?

thanks
bb

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Looks good mate. Also looks eerie familiar as well 😉

That will run FS9 fully maxed as I said last night. Plus should run FSX really well.

Ulitmate Traffic or Traffic 2005??? There about the same, I have the latter and am really pleased with it. I think Ulitamte Traffic takes it AI models from Project AI so they could effect FPS, but not 100% sure.

My 2cents

Pro Member Trainee

thanks for the reply liono I wonder why it looks so familiar to you lol, I may just go with traffic 2005, and about the Level D 767, anyone who has that how many passangers can it carry? I have FSPassengers so I was just wondering.

thanks
bb

No, no, no! Do whatever you can to change that OS to Windows XP Pro!

XP Home edition is just like Pro edition but with cut-down features and SECURITY. You don't want to get it, believe me, I'm a PC technician.

Pro Member Trainee

well to be honest I am on a budget and home is less than Pro, I have plenty of anti spyware and anti virus programs I should be safe, I have home now and have never had any viruses or spyware. and I will be goeing to windows vista as soon as it comes out so I will just stick with home for my OS. and well heres the other reason, the comp I am on now is my room mates so I will continue to use this one for internet untill I get all my anti spyware and anti virus installed so it shouldent be too much of a prob.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

No, no, no! Do whatever you can to change that OS to Windows XP Pro!

XP Home edition is just like Pro edition but with cut-down features and SECURITY. You don't want to get it, believe me, I'm a PC technician.

Well, Mr. PC Technician, perhaps you can enlighten us as to what security features XP Pro has that valcan222 can actually use.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I was under the impression that XP Home was more of a gaming platform than XP Pro I would like to be corrected also.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I'm from the other side.I use XP Pro SP2 and i have play a load of games and of course i use FS the last year.
I had never having any kind of problems at all.Of course this does not means that i don't respect the opinion that XP Home are friendlier with games ,but i cant confirm that since i had never use this OS.

But we must not forget some basic facts.

First ❗ even we have two 100% same systems they may have different ''behavior'' in some programs.
PC's are unique '''personalities '' if I'm allowed to use that phrase for a machine.... Embarassed

Second ❗ Users makes always the difference.
I have meet super machines with a load of rubbish programs loaded and so bad set-up that i was close to cry...
And from the other side i had meet systems with not the best hardware, but having a clever and clean set up, they run smooth and decent for years... ❗

Having a Ferrari doesn't means that we can carry our bed and refrigarator with it. 😉

BashDaBish Guest

XP Pro has additional features which is true. But the additional features are no use to Joe Bloggs who plays FS9 or uses the machine for personal use.

XP Pro is more suited to corparate networks and professional users. XP Pro is the same as Home but with more Professional features.

XP Home is perfectly safe (the service packs and IE7 took care of that)and is what it says on the tin....designed for 'Home' users who do not require and will never come across the additional features 'Pro' offers.

There's my 10pence for what it is worth.

P.S. Why would Microsoft make Home so insecure if 'Home' users are typically less knowlegable then 'Pro' users?

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

I was under the impression that XP Home was more of a gaming platform than XP Pro I would like to be corrected also.

Radar

As I understand it Pro and Home share the same kernel. XP Home is a complete subset of XP Pro. What Pro has that Home doesn't is network administration and security features that are more appropriate for a corporate environment. If anything I would expect Pro to be a little less friendly go gamers due to security features getting in the way. And while no longer making a living doing it, I am also a PC technician.

CrashGordon wrote:

Well, Mr. PC Technician, perhaps you can enlighten us as to what security features XP Pro has that valcan222 can actually use.

Actually Gorond, it was me, I forgot to type in "Pilau" again...

Anyway, here's an article to explain it all, scroll down to the middle:
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

Pilau Guest

LMAO, I forgot to add my nickname in the above post as well... 😂

BashDaBish Guest

Thanks for the link Pilau

Not one part of that document has changed my mind. In fact it proves exactly what we have said. Home is for home users who do not need corparate functions.

Still not quite sure why you warned the OP off getting Home but I am sure you meant it with the greatest intentions.

Oh, and that document is 5yrs old.......Both XP's are a better product and maybe, just maybe you could of had a point back then.

Pro Member Trainee

umm thanks i guess, I am still goeing with XP Home, umm as for other thoughts, how is this build? is everything 100% compatible? and for a sound card, I am building this with the help of my friend who builds comps for a living he has a shop and everything, he also sells sound cards, I do plan on getting one is there anything that I need to look for when picking one out or what? and here is my build just so you can see it agin lol.

Case: GIGABYTE GZ-XX1CA-SNS Silver Aluminum / Plastic / SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail -$74.99-

Motherboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForxce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail -$209.99-

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2000MHz HT socket AM2 Dual Core Processor model ADA3800IAA5CU - Retail -$297.00-

Video Card: eVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT CO 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail -$169.99-

Powersupply: Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail -$89.99-

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KSRTL 250GB 720 RPM SATA 3.0 Gb/s Hard Drive - Retail -$119.99-

Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB ( 2 x 1GB ) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail -$198.00-

Monitor: Wise Wing W902DB Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor DVI 300 cd/m2 500:10.294mm Pixel pitch - Retail -$177.99-

Speakers: Logitech X-230 32 Watts 2.1 Black Speakers - Retail -$33.99-

thanks, you guys are a great help lol.

brian

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...