does anyone know of a diamond da42 twin star for 2004?

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

yeah..as title says, im pretty sure this is the right name. i really like this aeroplane, would love to get one for flight sim but cant find one anywhere.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

bring
up
my
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry to new I guess, only the Katana is out.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/878/diamond-katana-da20-c1-evolution/

Check this out, it's a repaint for the Abacus Twinstar, you will need the payware package:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2816/fs2004-hm-aerospace-diamond-da-42-twinstar/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

my dad is fluent in german so he helped me. it is the da42 twin and the da40 single.
thankyou very much.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

mossy wrote:

my dad is fluent in german so he helped me. it is the da42 twin and the da40 single.
thankyou very much.

Thank you for letting us know.
I'm going to download it now.
It looks like a hidden gem, no one else had it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

no hidden gem - it's truely awful hehe.

(dead link removed)

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

no hidden gem - it's truely awful hehe.

(dead link removed)

Wink

Since the one you found isn't for sale yet, and the free one is available can you tell me what's "awful" about it to save me the trouble of loading it.

By the way, in 5 years they are making another one that will be free and it's great.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

its just not very nice to fly and dosent look very good either.

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

If you want a tin star get abacus air taxi pilot it has thet and cirrus and cessna mustang and two other coprate jets also comes like fspassengers you run ur own airline its good just because its by abacus dosnt mean its bad its actually good so thats my recondmandation

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

can you tell me what's "awful" about it to save me the trouble of loading it.

it may be one of the worst models. it was made over a few weeks by some german students - which is fair enough, but i'm afraid for a flightsimmer with standards it won't cut it. the soundset is the major part of the large file, which is ok - but the model has missing polygons, or polygons that don't join up, making a..spikey(?) model rather than the smooth shape. the panel is...ok but at too low resolution to use on a large screen and the 2D side views are poorly cut out. Wink

the twin star is pretty much my favourite plane - just a bit more than the DA40, and also having seen a few in real life it has a place in my heart/mind. i think it will be worth waiting for the FFS oneif it's aplane you like Wink

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

where do you find the abacus software, and how much is it?

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

heres the link of the place i bought it from (dead link removed)

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...