AIRPLANE LANDING SOUNDS BEFORE TOUCHDOWN

Planeguy Guest

Hi, I have watched a lot of Flight Simulation videos lately, and when most airplanes touchdown, I would hear a sound in the cockpit that would say "500.....100......50 feet, Glideslope...Don't Sink......40....30....20....10" and then the airplane would land. Do you guys know where I can download an airplane that comes with that feature, and does it go on in FS when it knows you are about to land ot is there a certain function or key you have to press to acivate that sound when you land. Please help me get an airplane that comes with that feature and most preferable, a FREEWARE, not a PAYWARE. Thanks.

P.S. What is that sound thing called because I seen it in real commercial airplane cockpit landing views and most commercial jets have that. Anyway, Thanks 😀

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Donald Stratton (GoneGolfing) First Officer

Check this thread out Planeguy GPWS Ground Proximity Warning System or GCWS Ground-Collision Warning System if thats what your refering to
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/4359/add-altitude-callouts-to-any-aircraft/

PS: Also there is a EGPWS Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System sorry getting carried away 🙂

Last edited by Donald Stratton (GoneGolfing) on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total
HyePilot Guest

Thanks 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...