Best freeware twin otter?

Best freeware Guest

Hi!! Can someone help me find a nice and good twin otter for fs 2004

Thanks!

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Best one around. It's the base of most of the others you can find.
d6skyb42.zip
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/606/fs2004-project-globe-twotter-dhc6-300-scilly-skybus-g-cbml/

Radar

Thank you very much RadarMan!!! 👍

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I installed that and I got 2 main folders:
Aircraft
--Dash6_LongNose_SkyBus (this one is the airplane it's self)
--fsfsonv
----dhc6_310
----prosnd22
Gauges (has all the gauges in it)

What do I do with the fsfsonv folder and the 2 folders in it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sam,
In the temp window: Put everything into the aircraft folder Then click on it and put everything into the Dash_Longnose_Skybus folder.
Put that into your main aircraft folder. I left the gauges with it, if they don't show up go back and put them into the main gauge folder. (I have a huge amount of gauges in my main gauge folder and am getting to the point of saying no to overwriting).

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

So I put the fsfsonv folder in the Dash_Longnose_Skybus folder and then put that in the aircraft folder? I'll put the gauges in the gauges folder.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sounds good, press the "I" key and the right engine will catch on fire, very cool looking,
I uploaded a screenshot of it a while back.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I put it gauges in the gauge folder and it did something wacky. They are the ones that are slanted going across the page.

Everything on FS works eccept the panel and sound, it uses my stearman panel and sound. So I tried to put the fsfsonv folder in the main aircraft folder, but there is already a folder in there with that title.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The fsfsonv folder goes into the Dash_Longnose_Skybus folder.

The reason for the gauges is that you dragged and dropped all into the folder at once, I do that but set the folder to "List" you have it set on "Icons". That's the last button on the tool bar.
Scroll to the far right and drop them.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Ok, I got the gauges problem fixed, but the panel and sounds are still not right.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't have it any longer but I think I remember that they said there is a way to alias it to another or use the panel that came with it.
Check all the read-me's that are hidden in the different folders.
I think they gave you a screenshot of the installation also.
Sounds can alway be changes, although they had two sound folders I think. One was the "Wav's" and another the config.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Personaly I prefer the Twin Otter that is painted like a shark. I can't remember its name though.

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Pan American,
I have "Shark Air" also. I was amazed and delighted to find it as I have made many skydives out of that airplane. It's based at Perris Valley airport in Perris California. The paint job is duplicated on the model to absolute perfection. Even the tail number is exactly right. Pictures of it can be found on Airliners.net.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...