FS2004 Crashes to Blue Screen

Hi all! Was wondering if anyone can thro some light on a problem I am having with FS2004. When I have selected a flight with a default aircraft, (with it sitting on the end of a runway) once I start my take off run the program crashes to a blue screen with an error message of 0x0000(or something similar) and begining dump of physical memory. I then have to re-boot my system.

I am running a P4 3.06 with 1.5gb of Ram, Nvidia 6600 graphics card with , Terratec 5.1 sound card, logitech wingman force joystick, direct x 9.0c, fs9.1 patch, windows xp.

Any help would be most appreciated as I am getting a little frustrated now!

Thanks

Gav

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest

Can anyone throw some light on my problem???

Jamie4590 Guest

Scan your hard drive for errors and run the defrag utility then run an updated virus scan.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Also clean-up your HD before you defrag it.

There are a load of reasons for this failure so let us know if the basic point of HD was helpful... if it wasn't we would try to help you further. 😉

Thanks for your replies so far guys. I will defrag the HD and report back, altho I can say it is a partitioned HD as I have windows media on it. There shouldn't be any viruses as it is only 2 months old and has never been connected to the internet.

Jamie4590 Guest

My computer is never connected to the internet but I got a sneaky virus on it once from uploading web pages using a portable HD. Have you installed any other software recently or started using pre-installed software? Crashing to a blue screen is a fatal error and not something you expect from such a new system. When it happenes once you never know for sure when it will happen again. I would be inclined to take it back to the store and demand an exchange under the terms of the warranty.

The only upgrade I have made to it is upgrading the graphics card from a 5200fx to 6600. I don't know if that would make a difference but I guess it might. Have not uploaded any web pages at all. Am determined not to let this beat me!!!! Thanks again for all your help so far guys. Any suggestions are always welcome!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Just in case have a look at your CPU's heatshink and fan and clean them from dust to prevent an overheating problem.Also you can Restart in Safe Mode and check if your FS starts.
Have you upgrade your GFX's Drivers?

Yes have upgraded to the latest Nvidia drivers. Unit has been cleaned inside too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What is the exact error message.

Radar

Hi Radarman, will have to make a proper note when I get home tonight so will post it tomorrow. Thanks.

Hi Guys, have defragged the hard disk, rolled back my Nvidia drivers to 81.98 and the same problem happens. This is the error message in full:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

Bad_pool_header

*** stop: 0x00000019(0x00000020,0x88BC5000,0xBC5138,0xOA270000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

The windows error report which appears after restart:

BCCODE:19 BCP1: 00000020 BCP2: 88BC5000 BCP3: 88BC5138 BCP4: OA270000 OSVER:5_1_2600 SP:2.0 PRODUCT: 256_1

If any of you guys can offer anymore suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Gav

BashDaBish Guest

I have read many articles referring to similar error messages on many different forums but have found no common links.

As the problem is not occuring until starting FS9 I would suggest a bad driver or a memory issue.

Try swapping your RAM module (memory stick) into another memory slot on your motherboard.

Also try checking you have the correct and updated motherboard/graphics/sound etc drivers.

Good luck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies. Will try removing the 512mb memory stick and see what happens. Will keep you all posted!

Gav

Hi all, well have tried removing the 512mb of RAM leaving the 1GB stick inside and vice versa and the same still happens! Have also tried swapping my Nvidia 6600 with my old geforce4 4600Ti and the same still happens!

Am wondering what else I can do to try to solve this. Would re-installing possibly help???

Thanks

Gav

Anyone able to help any further?? Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You dont have anything to loose 😉

But if you have to Un-install it i suggest you to follow these steps. ➡

1.Un-install FS.
2.Delete Microsoft Games Directory from C/Program Files.
3.Delete Flight Simulator Files folder from your My Documents.
4.Unistall all the add-ons you have and also delete their folders from C/Program Files.
5.Clean up your registries with any tool you have or (even better for me)do it manual.Thats how :
Click Start/Run ...in the blank type Regedit.In the opening window hit Edit/Find and in the blank write the word Flight.Delete anything it finds and hit Find Next till you get a message that no more matches could be found.
6.Run a Disk Clean up
7.Defrag your hard drive.
8.Restart and install FS.
9.Install FS9.1 update Patch
10.Install No CD-crack.
11.Continue with the add-ons installation one by one and every time start FS and check if your add-on has been installed OK.

This just my way and my suggestion. 😉

Thanks greekman. Will give it a go and see how I get on.

Hi Guys,

Well I finally managed to get myself up and running thanks to Greekmans suggestion!

Deleted everything and then re-installed and hey presto everything works!

Thanks to all of you who offered help.

Keep up the good work.

Gav

I've been having the same trouble. I had to reinstall WindowsXP some time ago, and it started happening.

The computer at that time was:
MSI Neo2 Platinum Motherboard
AMD Athlon64 3200+ CPU
1gb OCZ Platinum REV2 RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 All-in-Wonder Pro Video Card
2 500W power supplies linked together
Windows XP SP2

After reinstalling Windows XP with no hardware changes, MSFS would start crashing with the default aircraft (though the PMDG stuff would work fine). All other games and applications would work fine as well.

I tested the RAM and it was good. next I changed the video card to an ATI X800, same thing.

Reinstalled WindowsXP again, with a new video card..A BFG 6600. No change

So, I figured it was time for an upgrade..

Now, the computer is:
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ CPU
2GB OCZ XTC Platinum RAM
2X XFX 6800 GeForce video cards in SLI
2X OCZ 700W X-Gamer Power Supplies (Also linked together)

Every game works even better than it did before ... computer boots up fast ... Benchmark numbers look pretty good .. And FlightSim9? Still crashes. Madness!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...