crash

rich_bro Guest

when i tried to play my flight sim 2002 after about 2 months of not playing it it wouldn't work, so i re-installed it but now when i open it it say traffic.dll is a program that is from an exterior source do you want to load it (or something like that).if i click yes the game crashes instantly if i click no i get the loading screen before the main menu then it just crashes so i delete traffic.dll and now i just get the loading screen and then the game crashes what can i do?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hello
When you uninstall fs2002 some parts are left behind (add on aircraft/scenery etc)
Try uninstalling again(sorry) and then check to see whats been left behind
(My computer/local disc/programs fs 2002)
If there is anything there delete it (or move) and then reinstall
Hope it helps

rich_bro Guest

ok thanks 😀 i really hope it works i miss it more than anything Embarassed

rich_bro Guest

well my problem now is uninstall won't work it just crashes so i just delete all files re-installed but still nothing. i'll try installing to another directory now though

rich_bro Guest

Evil or Very Mad Mad i installed the game again the same message came up about running 3rd party software then it said look something up in read me about it so i did then it said if u want to stop fs2002 loading 3rd part software open a folder ( fs2002.CFG in notepad) type [OLDMODULES] then the program u don't want to open then = then 0 like this

traffic.dll=0 but then the game just shows the "loading" screen then crashes Crying or Very sad 😞 any ideas anyone 😞

David Lee Guest

Look, just reformat your hard drive (HDD) reinstall the whole f';ing thing.
Your never going to get it to work untill you do. You have some DLL files missing and you will do yourself a great favor by doing the ---A:format c:
And start all over. I do it every 2 months.

Roachie Guest

I have been having this problem aswell, so I called Microsoft.

The solution is quite simple. Go to the FS2002 folder on your hard drive, open that, then open the modules folder. Copy the traffic.dll file, then go back one folder and copy traffic.dll in to the main FS2002 folder.

This should solve the problem. For some reason the traffic.dll folder gets removed from the FS2002 folder, so you need to put it back.

No need to reformat!

Simon. 🙂

Roachie Guest

The solution is quite simple. Go to the FS2002 folder on your hard drive, open that, then open the modules folder. Copy the traffic.dll file, then go back one folder and paste traffic.dll in to the main FS2002 folder.

This should solve the problem. For some reason the traffic.dll folder gets removed from the FS2002 folder, so you need to put it back.

No need to reformat!

Simon. 🙂

Roachie wrote:

The solution is quite simple. Go to the FS2002 folder on your hard drive, open that, then open the modules folder. Copy the traffic.dll file, then go back one folder and copy traffic.dll in to the main FS2002 folder.

No need to reformat!

Simon. 🙂

😀 😀 This Solution is TOP!!

Benny Skyn Guest

Simon,
I used your advice and it works. fs2002 worked fine before installing xp sp1. I had a few other problems caused by sp1.
Thanks and glad I didn't format
Skyn

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...