Contact Seattle center times 10

cumpaniciu_one Guest

I contacted Seattle Center as instructed by the FS2004 ATC. Then they told me to contact Seattle Center on another frequency, then on another, then another and so on every 5 minutes or so.

I this just a FS bug?

Thanks!

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

More than likely. One ATC unit will only have one frequency so there wouldn't be any need to keep changing unless you are flying backwards and forwards.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Where you flying in a circle at the time this occured?

Fear

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Dump the stupid FS2004 ATC and come fly on VATSIM!

www.vatsim.net

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

I think I know what you are talking about

If you are flying in a large area, very busy area the ATC control tower for the are will not be able to do it all at once, so its divided into Sections

An example is Paris Center (which covers a large part of France, not just directly over the city which the name suggests).

You may be flying from Heathrow to Nice, and you may pass through Paris Center. The Center before you reach paris center will say "Contact Paris Control on 118.45" [made up freq, dont know the actual ones]

Then after you get out of the area Paris Center 1 is set to control, Paris Center will then hand you on to Paris Center 2 (or whatever section you are flying through next, doesnt always go in order of numbers, it depends what direction you fly through it)

Paris Center 1 will then say "callsign, contact Paris Control on [another freq]"

Paris Center 2 will pick up your squawk code, get your flightplan from the database and continue controlling traffic and giving clearances

Hope this helps

Tim

cumpaniciu_one Guest

Bindolaf wrote:

Dump the stupid FS2004 ATC and come fly on VATSIM!

www.vatsim.net

Actually I do have an account on VATSIM. The problem is it is hard to find airports that are staffed.

Btw, where do I find a list of active ATCs in VATSIM? The Java app linked from VATSIM's front page is nice, but useless.

Cumpaniciu.

cumpaniciu_one Guest

TimH wrote:

I think I know what you are talking about

If you are flying in a large area, very busy area the ATC control tower for the are will not be able to do it all at once, so its divided into Sections

An example is Paris Center (which covers a large part of France, not just directly over the city which the name suggests).

You may be flying from Heathrow to Nice, and you may pass through Paris Center. The Center before you reach paris center will say "Contact Paris Control on 118.45" [made up freq, dont know the actual ones]

Then after you get out of the area Paris Center 1 is set to control, Paris Center will then hand you on to Paris Center 2 (or whatever section you are flying through next, doesnt always go in order of numbers, it depends what direction you fly through it)

Paris Center 1 will then say "callsign, contact Paris Control on [another freq]"

Paris Center 2 will pick up your squawk code, get your flightplan from the database and continue controlling traffic and giving clearances

Hope this helps

Tim

Aha, that seems to be the case. I was flying from KSEA to KSFO and probably changed ATC frequency 10 times before being transfered to Oakand center.

Cumpaniciu

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Actually I do have an account on VATSIM. The problem is it is hard to find airports that are staffed.

Btw, where do I find a list of active ATCs in VATSIM? The Java app linked from VATSIM's front page is nice, but useless.

Cumpaniciu.

Go to www.avsim.com and search for (and download) "ServInfo". Problem solved!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

1. An ATC center has more than one frequency and it is not uncommon to be handed off from one to another.

2. It has nothing to do with flying in circles.

3. Vatsim is wonderful if you hate consitency. The center/tower in the area may have no controllers when you start your approach, then one comes online and screws up all your plans. Also, the airports that are considered untowered bear no resemblence to the real world and may or may not be controlled by the center based on whim. Last, controlled airspace does not always bear any resemblence to real world charts.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...