FLYBOYS-The movie

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

There's a new aviation movie coming out this month called FLYBOYS that looks good. It deals with pilots of World War I and the Lafayette Escadrille squadron. The website for the movie has a demo of the flight simulation game for free download, I suspect that the full version will be in stores soon. They also have a air show flight demonstration team. Check out the site. 🙂

http://www.mgm.com/flyboys/home.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafayette_Escadrille

Last edited by CRJCapt on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

ya i saw the previews looks great

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Seems like a nice movie.I love the German Triplanes(not what they represent) and also the music...Jean Reno himself already persuade me to watch the movie.He is one of my favorites actors. 👍

Excellent site with clever introduction and clever funny game at the intros page.

Altough i have to notice that it brings on my mind an older version of Pearl HarborI wish I'm wrong...We shall see on the big screen 😉

Τhanks for let us know about it CRJCapt. 👍 Punk

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Looks ok...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Seems like a nice movie.I love the German Triplanes(not what they represent)

If you really study the causes of World War I, you will discover that there were no good guys or bad guys. Just our side and theirs.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

The most bizarre thing about WWI is that it was started by 2 sides that largely had bugger all to do with the conflict for the rest of it.

It was because of the assasination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand by the serbians, the austro hungarians called in their allie the keiser and he brought germany to the war.

The serbians called on various people and eventually the french were involved too, we went to aid the french and so on...

So, i spose it was started by "a bad guy" depending on how you define it by assasinating someone. The rest of the war was just mindless idiocy on all parts really in allowing it to go as far as it did, hence the formation of the League of Nations to try and stop such a thing happening again.

Jamie4590 Guest

[quote="Insight"]The most bizarre thing about WWI is that it was started by 2 sides that largely had bugger all to do with the conflict for the rest of it.quote]

Similar to the Vietnam war then.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

[quote="Jamie4590"]

Insight wrote:

The most bizarre thing about WWI is that it was started by 2 sides that largely had bugger all to do with the conflict for the rest of it.quote]

Similar to the Vietnam war then.

No, that was do to the total incompetence of the French in French Indochina. The US stepped in to keep the mess from destabilizing the region, but was constantly undermined by...you guessed it, the French.

The US demonstrated that it was clueless in fighting an enemy that could blend into the general population. It still hasn't learned how. To make matters worse, it now allows US companies to do business with Vietnam. Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I just got back from seeing the movie FLYBOYS. The flying and dogfight scenes were very good. French Nieuport 17 and 11 battled Fokker Dr.I triplanes. The story line was pretty good also. I recommend this movie to hardcore aviation and history buffs. No jets so those who only like Airbus and Boeing stay away. I'll have to add this to my aviation movie collection when it comes out on DVD. If there's a movie with aircraft in it, I probably have a copy. 😀

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyboys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nieuport
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_Dr.I

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

my favorite aviation movie is Flight of the Pheonix.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

earthqu8kes wrote:

my favorite aviation movie is Flight of the Pheonix.

Which one, the original(1965) or the remake? I liked the original better than the remake.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I liked the movie Flyboys, I'l buy it when it comes out on DVD. Has anyone else seen it? 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...