Faulty CD4?

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Due to the recent problems with my rudder going all over the place, I yet again cleared everything out and re-loaded FS2004.

Now, with absoloutely no add-ons or updates and with a fresh clean FS9 on my system, the rudder is still out of control on the ground. Turning right is near impossible, and throttle down turns the plane left. I have checked my joystick rudder and there is nothing wrong with it. It is a default plane with the correct yaw settings as well. Mad

Is it possible I have a faulty CD4 causing this problem, and is it possible to contact Microsoft about this problem if no-one knows the answer, without paying a fortune?

Rich

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It is unlikely that CD4 is the problem. Have you checked that your joystick is set up correctly and is functioning properly??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Sounds like a controller/assignment problem, try these steps.

1. Uninstall your Joystick and any other controllers (except your mouse). Fly/taxi with the keyboard and see how it reacts.

2. Install only your Joystick but connect to a USB port on the computer, not a hub. Calibrate your Joystick paying particular attention to duplicate key assignments.

3. If steps 1 & 2 above go smoothly, install other controller(s) one at a time watching for duplicate key assignments. 🙂

Madbrit Guest

If the joystick is the only controller you have check that it isn't duplicated on the controls/assignments menu.

Check the throttle axis isn't assigned to the rudder in the controls/assignments menu.

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Thanks for the advise guys.

I uninstalled the joystick software and drivers and then downloaded the latest from their website. It fixed the problem.

Rich

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...