Kaohsiung International Airport

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Does anyone know Kaohsiung International Airport in Taiwan? If so, there's a flaw with the airport layout. In fs 2004, Kaohsiung Airport has two runways-one with concrete, and the other with asphalt. Since I been to Kaohsiung, Taiwan myself I know there's only one runway 9/27. I even saw it on wikipedia. But in fs, there's 9l/27r and 9r/27l. Wonder why microsoft producers didn't see it and correct it?

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this AFCAD helps.

(link removed, file no longer exists)

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

What does AFCAD stand for?

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

not bad scenery at all

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

What does AFCAD stand for?

AFCAD is to add things to your existing airports for the AI planes. Taxiways, hold points runways, etc. But remember these are the UNSEEN changes. So if you add a runway to an airport, it will not be seen visually. (The changes will show up in the map view and the GPS display such as navaids etc.)

The most common use of AFCAD, is used to add parking spaces, etc. to existing airports. An add on scenery may visully add a runway, but AFCAD makes it possible for your AI planes to land on it, and park in new areas. You can use files created for you, or you can create your own.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

do you need any program in order to download that secenry?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You shouldn't, it's just an AFCAD in WinZip.
If you do have a problem put it here and we'll see if we can help.
Just follow the directions given in the read-me that comes with the download.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

there's no instructions! Can you help me on how to install AFCAD to fs 2004? here's the readme.
Taipei Sungshan Airport & Kaohsiung Airport AFCAD2 for FS2004 default

Sungshan Airport is domestic flight hub of Taipei, capital of Republic of China(Taiwan).
It located nearby downtown. And just a few miles south, Taipei 101 Tower, tallest building around the world, is placed!
Kaohsiung Airport is placed near Kaohsiung, second largest city in ROC.

This AFCAD2 based on Jeppesen chart and AIP published by Taiwan Government.
(AIP can download in (dead link removed))

* Note : Runway 9/27 in Kaohsiung Airport was remained old ident(9L/27R) to prevent ATC guide visual approach only.
Now 9R/27L closed and using as taxiway.

Hyun-wook Hong
Busan, South Korea

sv2korea@dreamwiz.com

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

You may have to download a program called Afcad (2.1)??? to install it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this.

Move all the files in the folder "scenery" to " C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery "
Start FS, it will Automaticly load.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

it worked! Kaohsiung has only one runway! But Soshan Airport in Taipei doesn't have Taipei 101. They have it in the picture but not in the game. Does anyone know how to get Taipei 101 for me?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Are you sure these files have Taipei 101 in it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

Are you sure these files have Taipei 101 in it?

Dont Know No idea. Download them and look them over. They are of Tapai and might be nice anyway.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

i wish i knew something about this

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...