Manchester Airport/ATC

Munkeh Guest

Going on a tour of concorde at manchester airport's viewing park in a few weeks, while we're down there we're gonna go to the end of one of the runways to film a few planes 🙂

Just wondering though, on atc, because I've never done this before, can you tune to it with a car radio? or do you need some sort of special airband radio?

Just out of intrest, might seem a stupid question to you lot 😀 Any of you been to the viewing park btw?

Thanks.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Jamie4590 Guest

Not completely certain but I think the frequency used by ATC and pilots are too high to pick up on normal radio frequencies but a scanner will be able to do the job. When I was younger I used to enjoy tuning in to the police frequency on my LW radio but I used to think they would find out and tell me off!

If the Concorde's cockpit hasn't been looted by museums I would like to check it out myself.

Munkeh Guest

Hmmmm! -looks on ebay- just emailed a seller of one I like, a scanner thingy ma doo da, checking to see if it'll be able to get the frequenices 🙂 Ta for that 😉

Can bring it back home then, try and get tranmissions from birmingham 😀 Might hear the old accent or two 😉

Will ring the viewing park shop tomorrow aswell, doubt they'll have any in but can always check.

its me liam Guest

manchester airport is my local airport so i regulary go and check out the heavies coming in and out but i cant help feel like pakistan airlines are overtaking the airport 😂 😕 Mad Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Munkeh wrote:

Going on a tour of Concorde at Manchester airport's viewing park in a few weeks, while we're down there we're gonna go to the end of one of the runways to film a few planes 🙂
Just wondering though, on ATC, because I've never done this before, can you tune to it with a car radio? or do you need some sort of special airband radio?
Just out of interest, might seem a stupid question to you lot 😀 Any of you been to the viewing park BTW?
Thanks.

You need a special radio in order to listen to ATC. The Frequency range is 118-137 MHz. Here's one below. 🙂

http://www.sportys.com/PilotShop/product/9193

Munkeh Guest

Thanks for the link CRJ, shame I'm not in the USA though.

Frequency range was intresting...are there many on the 137 end? Found one on eBay but only goes to 136 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Munkeh wrote:

Thanks for the link CRJ, shame I'm not in the USA though.
Frequency range was intresting...are there many on the 137 end? Found one on eBay but only goes to 136 😕

No, that's just the extreme top of the band. The one you're talking about probably goes to 136.xxx. It will work fine. 🙂

Munkeh Guest

Yay! I'll be purchasing that radio tomorrow then 🙂

Thanks for the help Mr Capt! 😀

Simon1980 Guest

its me liam wrote:

manchester airport is my local airport so i regulary go and check out the heavies coming in and out but i cant help feel like pakistan airlines are overtaking the airport 😂 😕 Mad Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Hi, i'm hoping to go to manchester airport soon, when the best times to see the heavies ? cheers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...