FS2004 or the new Jazzed up version??

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi Guys,

I was simply wondering if any of you had made a definite decision to stay with our beloved 2004 rather than shell out for the new version?

I am just curious as to your opinions, as i dont think there will be that many improvements for those of us who will not be able to get the power hungry machine it will clearly need.

Moderators, please dont move this topic as i do think it is relevant to FS2004 and not just FSX.

Be interesting to hear your comments guys.

Micah 😉

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Depends who has what. I might stay with FS2004, but get everything like GEPro etc. . . then again, I ain't really sure what the full FSX is going to be like. Might wait for some screenies with around the system specs I have, then decide.l

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I live for the future, FSX all the way.
FS9 will be deleted when FSX is loaded.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

FSX for me,but FS9 will stay on my PC for a while ❤️

After all this time of tweaking this and that,messing with the config files,adding scenery and aircraft,FS9 is a good place to be

But will I fall in love with FSX once I start tweaking 🙄 I hope so 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I'm with TTT here, but maybe a slightly different reason. I have 2 computers, both capable of running fs9 OK, and one should run FSX OK, that one being a dual-core lump. So fs9 on one, FSX ont'other. And yesterday I preordered FSX at a special discount price, now just play with fs9 and twiddle my thumbs in anticipation. The future is looking bright!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I ll be back in FS98... 😂 😂 😂

Well I think that I will keep FS9 for a short time just to check how and which add-ons run in FSX...From the results i will decide if i un-install or keep it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

well i'm gonna stick with fs9 for a while to see how FSX and its add-ons shape up.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

I ll be back in FS98... 😂 😂 😂

Well I think that I will keep FS9 for a short time just to check how and which add-ons run in FSX...From the results i will decide if i un-install or keep it.

I think Greekmans comments are quite key here, because so many of us have our addons for traffic, planes, & fspassengers etc, will their coding work with FSX?? I really dont wish to lose all of the planes and add-ons i have.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm going to stick with FS9 for awhile. I want to run FSX but on a computer that has Vista and the hardware to get the most out of it. Until I get a new system with Vista, I'll stay with my old faithful FS9. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...