Different aircrafts nav equipment

DThak Guest

I've got a question that has been puzzling me and havent found help in FS9 learning center.

I've been flying the Cessna Skyhawk and have become decent at VOR and ADF navigation. I thought I'd step up to the Baron for more power etc.
When I scan the gauges however I dont see a VOR display at all. Just something else that I am un-familar with, I'm sure it provides the same function but I can't figure it out.

Can anyone describe how it's used in relation with the VOR system in the Skyhawk?

Sorry for the density of my skull.....lol
Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
cumpaniciu_one Guest

For the default Baron in FS2K4, the HSI (horizontal situation indicator) used to track VORs is right under the attitude indicator, right in the middle of the dashboard.

When the two segments of the yellow line are alligned you are correcly tracking (in/outbound).

Check this picture out.

Hope this helps,
Cumpaniciu[/url]

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah, but thats the Dreamfleet Baron.

You gotta open up the display that has all the com frequencys on it, also has the autopilot on it.

DThak Guest

AH ok I see, I figured that it was related to that gauge somehow. Thanks for the reply!!

cumpaniciu_one Guest

DThak wrote:

AH ok I see, I figured that it was related to that gauge somehow. Thanks for the reply!!

The main difference between the two HSIs is that Cessna's OBS (omni bearing selector) works by turning the compass dial, while Baron's OBS will just rotate the yellow arrow to the desired radial.

That can be confusing, but I use it by setting the heading the same as the tracked radial, so the yellow arrow will always point 12 o'clock (except when I'm intercepting, of course)

Cumpaniciu

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...