Life as a flight attendant.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Hello all,

I am seriously considering changing my job and applying for flight attendant position with easyJet. I am really into aviation and I decided that I need to start doing something in my life tha makes me really happy and not only brings money. And this is second best position being closest to aviation right after position of first officer or pilot.

But before I do that I would really appreciate anyone who has some information about how does the usual day and life of flight attetndants look like. I know this is a hard job, being on your feet 8-10h or more, constant pressure changes etc. But I rather do that than seat in dirty office chair for at least 8h a day 5days a week for the rest of my life.

How does the future look like after starting with job like this, how are my possibilities changing airline let us say in 3-4years time if at all? How might be the salary (plus 2 additional fluent languages and 2 more basic) if anyone has some experience in it (and especially with easyJet) any information will be really appreciated.

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

First of all....I wouldn't become cabin crew just because of your love for aviation. There are better jobs more suited to your interests...a flight dispatcher for example.

Without meaning to offend anyone, I think being cabin crew is more suited to people who like waitrassing 🙄

I found some info on cabin crew.... ➡

http://www.cabincrew.com/

But also have a look at this for other jobs in the aviation field... ➡

http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/

Hope this is of some help 😉

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

I wouldn't advise easyJet. Go for something else. There are many higher paying airlines. If you wanted to become a pilot look for an opening where the airline trains you.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

PILOT!!! Althou im not a pilot at all Crying or Very sad

Munkeh Guest

Do not give up your dream as a pilot, you'll live to regret it.

Do whatever you can in your position to get in there, and get the airline to train you. 🙂

Jamie4590 Guest

For a realistic overview of life as a flight attendant check this out:

😉

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

I really appreciate all your answers guys.
You might be right as well that there are some better jobs that could lead you to pilot position. I still thinks it is worth of the struggle. I really don't want to do job that I don't like. I have already over 2 years face to face customer experience so it shouldn't be a problem I think.

cheechm-don't you know any airliner that take unexperienced people for flight attendant position and pay more money? I don't know any. Because all of the low cost airlines I know, are really bad in treating employees as normal people. 12-14h shifts, no overtime bonuses, bad trainig etc.

pilotwannabe- thanks, very nice links.

PS-Jamie4590. We understand eachother very good!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Don't you have to be as gay as a daffodil to be a male trolley dolley?

🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

This is my main concern.. am fully hetero.. time to change orientation??? Oh well.. everything for sacrifice. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Sico2 wrote:

This is my main concern.. am fully hetero.. time to change orientation??? Oh well.. everything for sacrifice. 😂

NOOOOOO!!!!! ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗
Become a pilot!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

Sico2 wrote:

so the females are normally hetero right? Wink

Jamie4590 Guest

I think it should be law where all flight attendants are female, under 30, ex models and speak broken english.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

hinch-hmm. I think they are...

cheechm-Wouldn't you recommend to start this position from flight attendant rather than from total newbie? Despite the fact that you need gallons of money to start licensing yourself, isn't it? And you can always take a peak into the cockpit, bring the meal, chat after landing how to start, where. You never get so valuable information than from pilots already flying the same pleane you are in.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

You know, I reckon the passenger luggage weight restrictions could be raised if the trolley dolleys didn't use a mortar board and trowel to apply their make up

hideous it is

"Hello Sir, Welcome to Tango Doll Airlines, please take a seat and a perma-tan bint will be along to flake make up on you shortly"

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I think it should be law where all flight attendants are female, under 30, ex models and speak broken english.

Long ago, it wasn't a law but company regulations restricted Flight Attendants to being female, unmarried and young(can't quote an age). There was also a weight restriction. Average employment time was about 2 years. It was seen a a job that young women could meet eligible businessmen and then get married.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Christ, that must have been a long time ago

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

aren't there still weight restrictions? as in a larger attendant wouldn't be able to lean over and pour coffee without the first person in a row being mushed. also the width of aisle, fuel cost...etc.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

I am 177cm, 61kg unmarried and very handsome! 😎 They'll want me! Surprised

Dear All

If your looking into a Career with easyjet i highly recomend it, i'm currently a first officer of Boeing 737-700 Aircraft based at Liverpool John Lennon Airport EGGP for Easyjet. The salary is great and the cabin crew positions are very good. Take a look on easyjets website www.easyjet.com for more information. 😉

First Officer Ben Udo.
Easyjet Airlines
EGGP Based.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I must say you're displaying very loyal work ethics. From what I hear most of your colleagues and cabin crews sip Sangria at sun-drenched beaches along the Mediterranean, yet you yourself find time for flightsimming and recruiting staff at FS forums...

My hat off to you Sir Bow Down

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Ben Udo,

You made my day! 😂

I am about to finish my application form.

Jamie4590 Guest

Club Tropicana here you come! 😉 👍

ColeJByrne Guest

Thanks for sharing this! All the best!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...